Karan

Disclaimer - This is just a work of fiction. Happy Reading. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a can of Diet Coke in one hand and his phone in another, Karan was scrolling through his twitter notifications, mindlessly, while standing on the balcony of his luxurious hotel room. He was all dressed for the Filmfare Middle East Achievers Night, happening in Dubai, but had to wait for his photographer to arrive, so that he could get some shots for the gram!

"Omg @kkundrra, what are you gonna wear?"

"@kkundrra, ache kapde pehen ke jaana please"

"Karan get a hot photoshoot done. @kkundrra thanks okbye"

And among thousands of such notifications, something caught his eye. He quickly opened it, only to find something he had been secretly wishing for and manifesting, for a long time.

He smiled at the tweet and without even waiting for a signal from the brain, his fingers immediately opened Instagram, switched to his fake account and opened hers, to see if she had posted any updates

He smiled at the tweet and without even waiting for a signal from the brain, his fingers immediately opened Instagram, switched to his fake account and opened hers, to see if she had posted any updates. Nothing, no stories of her getting ready, or even being in the city.

"Is she not here yet? Or is she such a private person that she won't post about this big event? Like at all?", thought Karan. His train of thought was interrupted by Om, who just got free from a call.

"Karan bhai, voh raaste mein hai..."

"Voh? Kiski baat kar raha hai tu Omi?"

"Aap ache se jaante ho main kya keh raha hoon."

"Nahi. Theek se bata, mujhe samajh nahi aa raha...", Karan tried his best to not smile, but his blushing red cheeks gave it all away.

"Dekho bhai, Karan Tamatar Kundrra ko sab samajh aata hai", laughed Omi.

"Chal chal, photo shoot karte hai, der ho jayegi warna", said Karan and took Omi to the lobby where his photo shoot was going to happen.

Karan exited his car at the venue and was about to go on the red carpet when his nerves started kicking in. He is The Karan Kundrra. He was not nervous for the walk, he was not nervous for the interviews lined up, he was nervous as he was finally going to see her in person, after two long years.

Ever since he met her on that one day shoot for Flipkart's Ladies vs Gentlemen, he has not been able to take her off his mind. Everyday without fail he would check her socials for new updates. But all he could ever find was her photo shoots, trending reels and food stories. She would never post anything about her personal life and that made him more curious. For someone who had always been open about his life, especially on social media, this was something new. Being in the same industry, he knew how difficult it is to keep your personal life private, but she had successfully managed to do that, for 10 years now. After thoroughly going through her Instagram account, one thing Karan knew for sure was that they had mutual friends and also the fact that they had many chances to meet, but it never happened. It was going to happen today. Karan will make sure that it happens today.

He walked confidently on the red carpet and quickly finished off all his lined up interviews. Om told him that she was already inside and all Karan wanted to do was to go and find her, but he had to maintain his calm and finish the job for which he was invited here.

After completing the formalities he was led to the main auditorium, Om, Kaswi and Nikhil followed him inside. He was walking towards his designated seat, but quite slowly. He wanted to find her first but she was nowhere to be seen. His guide from the organizers team took him to the front row and pointed towards his seat. Karan thanked him and was about to walk towards his seat when his eyes fell on her.

Tejasswi Prakash, was sitting two seats next to him. She was wearing a sea greenish dress and was looking heavenly, quite different from the cute cartoon he met 2 years ago. He couldn't take his eyes off of her and slowly walked to his seat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - Hey All. I hope you liked this one. Please do let me know in the comments. Your love and support means a lot. Also, the updates will be short only, like this one. I'll try my best to update frequently. Thank you so much.