What's Brewing?

Disclaimer : This is just a work of fiction. Happy Reading!

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hi Karan, How are you? I am Tejasswi, I hope you remember me? We met at the Flipkart Shoot.", she gave him a sweet smile while extending her hand towards him.

"Hi Tejasswi, How can I forget you.", replied Karan with a big smile and shook hands with her.

"So, how are you doing? What have you been up to, Karan?", asked Tejasswi.

"Oh well, I am doing great. How are you? Anything new, Ms. Prakash?", Karan smiled mischievously.

"Prakash is my father's name. You can call me Tejasswi or Teja or..."

"Uhm, excuse me, do you guys, maybe wanna sit together?", one of the guests sitting between them interrupted Tejasswi and looked at her with an annoyed face.

"It's just been a minute and she already has a problem. People always talk like this at such events. Why is she overreacting? Can't I say hello to someone?", Tejasswi thought to herself and got a little irritated.

"Well...?", the guest looked at Karan as she got no response from Tejasswi.

"Yes, that would be lovely.", replied Karan and exchanged seats with that guest.

", replied Karan and exchanged seats with that guest

"So you were saying...?", he nudged her a bit.

"Me? What was I saying..? Nothing.", replied Tejasswi, still lost in her thoughts, but this time his 'that would be lovely' was running in her mind.

"Arre, bhool gayi kya Bholu?", Karan asked and laughed a bit.

That 'Bholu' finally caught her attention and her mind immediately went back to their shoot day from two years ago, when he called her 'Bholu' for the first time. She smiled a little to herself and turned to face him.

"Yeh ajeeb nicknames dena kaha se seekha tumne Karan?", asked Tejasswi. She acted like she was annoyed but was secretly enjoying all this.

"Arre arre, ek hi baar bola maine, toh NICKNAMES kaise hua?", Karan replied and raised his eyebrows.

"Kuch nahi, chhodho. The show is about to start, let's focus there." and with that Tejasswi turned her face to the stage, a little sad that he didn't remember.

Karan tapped on her shoulder, twice, but got no response. "Abhi to patayi bhi nahi aur yeh pehle hi naraaz ho gayi. Kundrra kya karta hai tu, thoda dimaag laga.", he thought to himself.

"Oye, Madam, kaafi cute hai aap, aur gusse mein toh zyada hi lagti hai", he whispered in her ear, making her shiver a little. She smiled and he saw that.

"Vaise, yaad to hai mujhe...", he said.

"Kya yaad hai?", her face automatically turned to face him.

"Wahi jo tum soch rahi thi..", replied Karan and bit his tongue. "O Kundrra pagal ho gaya hai kya. Thoda slow chal mere bhai.", he reminded himself.

"Par maine toh kuch bola nahi. Tumhe kaise pata main kya soch rahi thi. Come on, tell me.", she raised her eyebrows. It was her turn to play around now.

"Oh, the show is starting, let's not disturb others.", he tried to change the topic which made her laugh. She faced the stage and tried her best to pay attention.

Just a minute after they received their awards, both their phones started buzzing with notifications, on both Instagram and Twitter. Tejasswi silenced her phone and signaled Karan to do the same when he was about to check what was happening. His social media addicted self was tempted to open the notifications, but since she had asked him not to, he quietly put his phone on silent and kept it in the pocket of his coat. Soon the award show got over and everybody was heading to an after party, organized by the sponsors. Karan and Tejasswi followed them too. They were just 10 minutes into the party when he asked her,

"Hey listen, do you wanna get away from all this crowd?"

"What do you mean get away? Where?", asked Tejasswi, a bit shocked with his sudden question, as she had always known him to be the life of such parties. He loved partying and here he was, asking her if she wanted to go out.

"To our After-After Party...", Karan hesitated a bit while answering her question.

"Sure. I anyway don't like parties with so many unknown people all around. Let's go.", replied Tejasswi, all ready to leave and go out for fresh air.

They both opened their phones to text their managers to inform them about their plan, but something else caught their eye. The few notifications that they got earlier had turned into thousands. Tejasswi opened Instagram and Karan opened Twitter and immediately looked at each other, for they had been caught.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - Hey all. Another short update and a cliffhanger, I know, but the next update is going to be interesting so I had to end it here. Will update it soon. Let me know in the comments if you liked this one. Thank you so much.