ponderings and things:)

just some thingses i've been thinkering :)

Love. No one seems to tire of talking about it, reading about it, singing about it and thinking about it. it seems to be the thing that is most on our mind. Who doesn’t want a partner in crime; someone to spend your life with? Though we all have close friends and family, they never seem to be quite enough. Everybody wants that somebody; that one person who will always be there for us; someone to turn any old place into a home. We all try, at some stage in our life. We all fall and get hurt and think the world will never be the same again. We swear off love and then fall back into it almost immediately. We simply can’t do without it.

But what is it? Does it even truly exist? and if whatever it is does exist, does it stay? When you are in love it always seems to be the biggest, greatest thing in the world. But when the first feeling of lust and infatuation is gone, can we still be happy together? Can we be truly happy spending their entire life with one person? Can one person keep us interested? Even when they are fat and bald and ill? We want to. Everyone seems to want to. But it goes wrong so many times. You hardly hear of stories that end well anymore. People break up all around you. But then people die all around you, that doesn’t take a way the value of living…

Maybe some of us can make it. Maybe some of us are good enough. Maybe some of us have what it takes, the right frame of mind or patience or somehting like that... or maybe some of us are just lucky. lucky enough to find that someone who will love you, and who you will love, no matter how many hairs will leave their head.

I think I may be so lucky. It’s scary and hard to believe that I deserve something as great as this. Sometimes I can’t, sometimes it seems too good to be true and all of these questions come surging back. But then i think of him or he looks at me and I can see it in his eyes. I feel it in his embrace and I know I’m the luckiest girl in the world. Nothing is ever easy. Anything worth fighting for usually requires it. But that’s fine. We want to work, we’re ready. You hear it all over; ‘Everyone in your life will hurt you. You just have to figure out who’s worth suffering for.’ And he is. We are.