Rainy Promises

TW:  suicide attempt/mentions of suicide, suicidal urges, passive suicidality
———————————————————————
      It's raining. Almost no one goes out when it's raining, except for sad pathetic people who want a tragic backstory. They go out there, expect to lose someone important to a random villian or thief or whatever, and then when they do they expect to become some big shot hero.
       They never do. They're stuck here, in Nameless, and live as nobody. They don't exist to anyone outside of this city, and they never will. For some reason, the best people are the ones who lose it all. Tubbo and Ranboo are the best examples of this. What's worse is that everything that happened to them went down on days with clear skies and the sun bearing down on them.
        I've always had a complicated relationship with the sun. I can't do or see anything when it's at its highest, but I need it to grow the flowers in my shop. A never ending struggle, if you will.
      Back to what I originally was saying; It's raining. That means the clouds are hiding the stars. My only glance of freedom, of peace and beauty, and it's hidden. A quiet night without violence, and nothing to let me escape from it.
A loud thud on the roof. A person. Definitely not Tubbo or Ranboo, the footsteps are too heavy for that. Maybe it's just a civilian who needed a place to smoke. It is an apartment complex after all.

"Well if this isn't a pleasant sight," a voice that he swears he's heard before drops with sarcasm. "Don't be dramatic, Orpheus," a second voice, gruffer than the first, calls. Tommy pays them no mind at first, reaching out a hand to touch the rain.
Todays one of those days. The ones where he doesn't feel like a person. The ones where he knows he won't remember anything when he wakes up the next morning. The ones where he feels like he's been asleep the entire time. He sighs, a sigh of defeat and desperation. A tired say that parents give when their kids are just too hyper. Not that he'd know. His parents either died or abandoned him when he was little.
The two other people have continued their bickering. They've ruined his moment of peace and false hope. Sometimes he can pretend that things will get better. Sometimes, like these ones, he's faced with truth. The truth makes him want to jump the ledge.
Oh. There's something grabbing him. No...not something, someone. He knows it's not anyone he cares about. They're all at home, waiting for a police report or a person to help. He can't find it in him to fight the person. Maybe someone's trying to kill him. Maybe he'll let them.
After all, there's not much of anyone who'll care if he's gone. The only two who would understand that it was inevitable. He was a vigilante. Jobs like his always came with the risk of death, and he was constantly dancing with it. Some may say it's a miracle he's even alive right now.
He reaches his arm out once more. The cold rain hits him, leaving a soft sting on his skin. It grounds him. He comes back to a semi-conscious state of mind. Just barely. "Have I ever told you how much I love the rain," he mutters to these two strangers.
They shake their head no. They don't even know the kid, all they know is that he's a vigilante. "It's cold and warm, perfect to bringing someone back to reality or letting them run from it. The rain is both sorrow and hope. A promise of pain and loss, but also of growth and new beginnings. There's something poetic about the way it falls," he rambles as he's dragged under the overhang of the brick that protects the voltage box that powers the apartments below them.
"God he's just as bad as you T-Dahlia," Orpheus, Tommy remembers him being called, barely manages to save himself. It was kind of funny if he was being honest. "We both know your worse than I am. I've seen the speeches you prepare," he hears Dahlia retort.
Still half-dazed, Tommy manages a "Ha! Theatre kid," at this Orpheus person. He hears Dahlia snigger slightly at his remark. "What? Y'know he's right, Scarlet Lily," Dahlia has a harsh yet teasing tone as he says it.
Then it clicks. Tommy's mind puts the pieces together. He's sat and joking with some of the top heroes. Tommy, who suddenly remembers he's dressed as Blackthorn instead of a normal civilian, is simply sat and joking with the top heroes, and hasn't been hurt or taken in for questioning.
The rain stops. Scarlet Lily and Dahlia stand to leave. "See ya kid. Hopefully under better circumstances," Dahlia waves as he walks off. Scarlet Lily bites his lip before speaking. "Bye Raindrop, hope you get better soon," and he follows after his coworker.
Tommy watched in disbelief. He tried to jump, was stopped by the heroes, and then they what? Let him go free? If so, then why? Was it out of pity? Either way he's too mentally exhausted to care. He's free to go back down into his shared apartment and be with his friends, and so back home he goes.