Pt.1

'Twas the night before solstice and all through the town.
Family and friends were gathering around.
To celebrate this joyful Time of year.
But little did they know that danger was near.
For on their way were bandits, who planned to steal.
Everything they saw that had an appeal.
They rode in on horseback with awful intent.
And plans that they would soon regret.
For a hero would arrive, saving the town from distress.
And her name was Xena, the warrior princess.
She rode in on Argo, her noble steed.
And upon this sight, the townsfolk were releaved.
Xena lept into action taking down the bandits one by one.
And in no time, she done.
The defeated bandits got up as fast as they could and ran away.
And once again Xena had saved the day.
The day was saved and the people cheared Xena's name.
Yet another heroic deed to add to her fame.
The end

XENA
Really Gabrielle, rhyming?

GABRIELLE
What? I thought it was fun.

Gabrielle turned her attention back to the people listening to her story. As she heard them applauding. She thanked them as they spread out and went about their business. Xena walked over to Gabrielle.

XENA
Ready to go?

GABRIELLE
Sure. I need to go shopping anyway.

XENA
Gabrielle I already told you that you don't need to get me anything.

GABRIELLE
I know you did. But I can't not get you something.

XENA
You're not going to take no for an answer are you?

Gabrielle smiled.

GABRIELLE
Of course not. I'll see you later. I want to get going before the shops close.

With that, Gabrielle left to find a solstice gift for Xena. Xena watched as she walked away.

XENA
(thinking to herself) Well at least now I have the chance to find something for Gabrielle. But what? It needs to be something special.

Xena walked in the opposite direction as she tried to figure out what to get. She browsed the stalls and shops but couldn't find anything that thought was good enough. Meanwhile Gabrielle was having the same problem.

GABRIELLE
What to get?

She walked by a weapon stall.

GABRIELLE
(Thinking to herself) A new sword? No, too obvious

Gabrielle continued looking. After a good amount of time, she still couldn't figure out what to get Xena. Gabrielle decided to take a break.

GABRIELLE
(Thinking to herself) I can't seem to find anything  for Xena. Nothing good enough anyway. I know she'll say that she's fine with anything I get, but still.

Later that day, after all the shops had closed. Gabrielle and Xena met back up

XENA
All set?

GABRIELLE
(lying) Yeah.

XENA
So where is it?

GABRIELLE
(lying) I hid your gift. I didn't want you to see it before tomorrow. You know it would ruin the surprise.

XENA-(lying) Yeah I had the same thought.

It was getting late, so the two of them decided to go settle down for bed. As they layed there, Xena pretended to be asleep as she thought about what to give Gabrielle. Then she got an idea. She waited until she heard Gabrielle sleeping. And crept over to their packs. Xena looked for a moment until she found what she was looking for. Then she glanced over at Gabrielle and saw that she hadn't moved.

XENA
(thinking to herself) Good she's still asleep. Hopefully this doesn't take too long.

Xena quietly snuck away, leaving Gabrielle by herself. Moments later Gabrielle peaked open one of her eyes. Clearly not sleeping. She glanced around, not seeing Xena around.

GABRIELLE
(Thinking to herself) Where's Xena going?

She got up and followed her. Gabrielle saw Xena sitting off aways. She had her back to Gabrielle. Gabrielle walked up behind her.

GABRIELLE
Is everything okay Xena?

Xena quickly tucked what she had out of sight as she turned towards Gabrielle.

XENA
I thought you were asleep. Did I wake you when I got up?

GABRIELLE
No. What are you doing awake? Everything okay?

XENA
Everything's fine. I'm just not very tired.

GABRIELLE
Are you sure? You know you can tell me if there's something wrong.

Xena gave Gabrielle a reassuring smile.

XENA
It's alright Gabrielle, really. Go on back to sleep, I'll be heading to bed soon.

Xena convinced Gabrielle, and Gabrielle went and layed back down. Once left alone, Xena grabbed what she had hidden. Meanwhile as Gabrielle layed there, she tried to come up with something to give Xena. And fast. The winter Solstice was tomorrow.

TO BE CONTINUED...