𝟗

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲:
𝘚𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘻𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘐𝘷𝘺'𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘺'𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲:𝘚𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘻𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘐𝘷𝘺'𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘺'𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱

                                                 "Ivy, hun, can I come in?"

Ivy quickly wiped her tears and clear her throat. She quickly picked up her math homework and turned her music in her headphones down . "Um, yeah, yeah. Come in."

Mrs Sammy walked into her room, and, if Ivy was being honest, she liked the woman. She was warm, kind, humble, but she doesn't take anyone's crap. She had a full sleeve of tattoos on her left arm and was in the Army for fifteen years as an engineer. Now, she's a high school math teacher.

She's never pushed, got her into her high school, and has been nothing but welcoming. The biggest, and just about only rule she has is no arguing with James in front of the children.

"We are picking up pizza today. Is there anything you want on it?" Mrs Sammy asked, staying by the doorframe, her eyes looking around her room. It was plain and still looked like a guest room.

Ivy shook her head and glanced at Mrs Sammy, "Just no meat. Other then that, I don't care. I'll eat just about anything."

"Perfect." Mrs Sammy smiled, turning to her and it fell. "Oh, sweetheart, are you okay? Your eyes are as red and puffy as a tomato."

To say Ivy was thrown off by the comparison was an understatement. "What—No. I'm fine."

Mrs Sammy didn't seem convinced but nodded nonetheless with a smile, "Okay, if you say so, but hun, I know I may not be your ma, but I am here for you. I was a teenager once to."

That almost made Ivy feel better, just not in the way she attended. "I appreciate that, Mrs Sammy, but I promise you, you could not understand what I'm going through."

"Boy trouble?"

Ivy laughed, like actually laughed for the first time in a while. Mrs Sammy smiled. "Oh gods, I wish. If anything, it'd be the other way around. I'm the problem."

Mrs Sammy raised her hands, "There is nothing wrong with being the problem. Took your—James five years before I let him keep me. Broke up with him multiple times."

"Really?"

"Oh, yeah. I broke up with him five, maybe six times."

"Why?"

"Wish I could tell you but...I just did. James didn't care, he kept coming back."

Ivy couldn't imagine this. She didn't want to know this about James. It's easier to hate him thinking he's just a bad person. It's easier to hate him then hate her mom, because she can't hate a goddess then same way you can a mortal. But James? He's mortal. He's easier to hate.