゜゜☆彡 Three Years Later

Jimin's lethargic eyes peered through the crowd in a hurry. The time zone shift and the jet lag always was heavy on him. On top of that, hearing that Jungkook's family was also traveling through the same airport, he knew he had to avoid him at any cost, even if it cost him his journey.

The dread in his gut spiked and it radiated all over his nerves the moment his eyes caught a beautiful man coming through the security gate. Paralysis was a disorder of losing muscle rigor, and Jimin felt it all too much as he preserved his gaze at the same raven and silky hair, the same fair skin that compelled him to touch Jungkook. The giggles were still innocent and full of life. 

Jungkook fixed the pink baby carrier, tucking the little one's hair and hugging her close, his one hand ensuring that his daughter was safe and steady, and one hand dragging the bag. Before he could raise his head and see a petrified past in front of him, his sister, Siu, jumped in front of him. "I'll take her now." She said, the peak of her upper lip trembling.

Jungkook's eyes squinted for a beat and he thought he smelled something. The crowd didn't allow him to stand and inspect as he was pushed ahead, his sister not leaving his side. "It's okay. She's asleep."

Nodding, Siu got behind her brother, making sure he wasn't looking back.

Jungkook's heart started feeling heavy as the family exited the airport. Something about the fragrance.

Their driver had brought the car around. As Jungkook started to load the bags, Siu excused herself. "I'll be back in a minute."

Jungkook grew suspicious as his gaze followed Siu. It wasn't long before he could see she had convinced the security guards to get past the entry gate. "What's wrong?" Ji-Eun asked, looking at her husband with a worried and quizzical look.  

"Get in the car and be with Sana. I'll go check on Siu."

Realizing that her sister-in-law was absent, Ji-Eun paced closer to Jungkook. "Is everything okay? Did she lose something?"

"I don't know," Jungkook held Ji-Eun's palm and opened the car door to guide her in.

The woman got in, but her eyes kept searching for an answer. The sudden disappearance of Siu and the shift in her husband's aura was something that called for worrying.

She watched Jungkook rush back in, avoiding the crowd while bolting. Turning to the baby girl who was in a child seat, she picked her up, hugging her close. "Appa will come back." She cooed, playing with Sana's chin, making the one-and-a-half-year-old gag while she tried to speak but ended up splattering her spit all over Ji-Eun's face. 

"Ma'am," the driver called, inviting the woman's attention. "I can't stay here for long. We have to move."

"It's okay. I'll call Jungkook." She nodded and the driver started the car to drive around from the busy parking area.

**

Siu ran around, her heart beating knowing that she shouldn't be doing this, but she had to see Jimin for herself. It wasn't difficult because the man had hardly gotten himself very far away from where she had seen him. Behind a pillar on a lonely bench that was facing the restroom corridor, Jimin sat with his face dipping down. His black attire was blending with the monochromatic surroundings, but his body wasn't. 

Siu's eyes watered as she realized that the man was crying behind his mask. "Jimin," she called, startling the blonde man to whip his head up. He instantly wiped his tears before he broke down beyond repair. "I am sorry. I should've informed you earlier." Siu told Jimin as she sat beside him.

Gaining the bearings and his semblance, Jimin breathed and shook his head. His voice had deserted him and even if it didn't, he had no words to speak. "Are you going to be okay?" Siu held his palms, needing assurance.