゜゜☆彡 A Sister's Confession

Siu kept unlocking her phone to check the time and then looking around the coffee bar. She wasn't sure if Jimin would come, but the man had never committed something and then didn't do it, so that kept her hope intact. But then again, she thought Jimin had never seen a married Jungkook before either, so maybe the same rules didn't apply.

She swiped through the chat window to reassure herself, seeing the last text where Jimin had confirmed his presence.

Two empty cups of coffee sat on the table. Siu's uneasiness was at its peak when she got startled. She stood up suddenly, sensing Jimin's presence. "Hi," she beamed but didn't take a step toward him as she wanted to.

"Hey," Jimin smiled back and motioned for her to sit back down before taking the chair across the table.

The eatery wasn't too silent or too crowded. People mostly sat outside in the sun, under the big trees on the lawn. The sun filled the room and Jimin closed his eyes, feeling the warmth and lowly moaning. Every time he'd closed his eyes, images of Jungkook's smile from the numerous trips they took together had swarmed his head, but he had to act like he was unbothered after witnessing his ex-lover two weeks ago at the airport after not seeing him for three years.

He had to hide that he hadn't slept properly in two weeks, that every time he closed his eyes in the night, he saw the same nightmare from when they were in a Clover Park on repeat.

"How are you doing, Jimin?" Siu's empathetic voice made him open his eyes. It seemed to him that blinking was also becoming too much for him to handle at that moment. He wanted someone to release him into the deep ocean where he could silently close his eyes and slip into the dusk without having to struggle.

"I've been better, but not so bad, Siu-nim. How is Jungkook?" Jimin asked, his gaze taking in that Siu was taken aback for a moment that she had to consider her words. In the last three years, he never brought up Jungkook's name in front of her. Every time they talked, he was aware that Siu was informing Jungkook of every little moment, and once or twice, he felt that it was Jungkook texting him rather than Siu herself. But no matter what, he never asked about Jungkook.

"He's suffering, Jimin. He hasn't come home at night in two weeks. He is sleeping in the office, constantly calling me, and hardly eating anything. He only visits Sana when he is sure no one will be home and slips back silently in the morning. Ji-Eun is sure that something is up. She is going crazy and if this keeps up, I am afraid things will spiral."

Jimin heard everything while biting his lips together, his eyes doted on a shiny aluminum jar where he could see Siu's despairing reflection. He could feel his heart beating fainter by the minute, but he had to make it through the coffee. Shaking his head, he sniffled and stared into Siu's eyes. "You are a capable sister, Siu. You can help your brother and your family."

"I am trying to," Jimin leaned back on the chair. "But this was unfortunate. I don't understand love. But if it's anything like this, I don't want it."

Jimin's face crossed with something akin to silent understanding and polite defiance. "I am hungry. Are you hungry?" He asked. "We should eat something. I am bad with words on a hungry stomach."

"You don't eat all that much." Siu now laughed, her big eyes twinkling for the first time in a long time. They weren't leaving Jimin and his dark under eyes. He wasn't fooling her.

"I gain weight easily, Siu-nim," Jimin joked in a lighter tone. "I am sure you know a lot more about me than I know about you. Don't think that I am unaware on my part. You'll be surprised how much I know you, too." He held onto the jug of water.