00

How does it start?
Rather innocently. In an indirect way. Without knowing what to expect in the future.

A small favor. Everything should start with a small favor. A temporary job. For a few days at first, which turned into a few weeks, help was sought in the office of an auto repair shop. "Auto repair shop."

As it turned out, the same day, or rather after a few hours, that it was much more about cannibalizing cars and selling their parts.

Such a job was guaranteed not to be publicly advertised and that's where the favor came in. 'I'll get you your job if you help me with the exam'. Looking for a well-paying job was Kendra. With the emphasis on well-paid.

When her fellow student Andy came to her with it the morning of the exam, Kendra didn't know what to make of it. Friends they both were not, merely fellow students and that, was extremely weird anyway, because the guy didn't seem like a student to any of them and even less as someone who was interested in studying at all.

It wouldn't need to be full marks, if the score ended up being around eighty percent, all was well. Seventy, also completely fine. Somebody didn't want to study, not even in the slightest, Kendra thought at that moment, moreover, much of what had to be learned had been gone through in the past weeks, several times and in various forms in her course.

Why Kendra finally agreed to the proposal was simple. The dear money. First and foremost, she wanted to concentrate on her studies, but that did not pay for itself. At the same time, however, a job could cause her grades to drop because it also took up time. There might also be days when she had to take a break from work and was too tired to study. The dream of many people. Do little, make a lot of money. A pipe dream. And a little bit of sorting files and here and there, dealing with customers, why not? There were worse things. Much worse.

In retrospect, it sounded too "nice." Everything had a catch, if it sounded easy and too good to be true.

Two weeks later, when the exam results went online, Kendra got a call from Andy saying they should both meet tonight and a little later, she or he was introduced to Aurelio.