01

The idiot has enough "friends" who are wannabe gangsters to go out with. And more importantly, they can take care of him.

It wasn't her job to take care of an underprivileged boy whose "job" was to be a son and who didn't think it necessary to stand on his own two feet. As far as Iosef was concerned, Kendra was out of the picture. Completely. Of everything. Viggo could say whatever he wanted.

"Look at it this way," Avi began, a smug smile forming on his face, "maybe you'll get some pocket money from him."

"If you want to play his whore, go ahead," the brunette replied, pulling the cigarette out of the man's fingers at the table, "I don't mind."

"I have other jobs," Avi declined the offer indifferently, instead extending his open hand to retrieve his cigarette from Kendra, "Besides, you would miss me."

A smile escaped Kendra's lips at the brown-haired man's words, for she knew better, and she walked around the table, handing Avi his cigarette back after all.

But before Kendra made her way to the bar against the wall, she picked up Avi's glass of whiskey from the tabletop and took an exhausted sip. This boy was getting to her, even though she had nothing to do with him. It was Viggo she worked for, not this idiot of a son. The job in Atlantic City was Iosef's job. Not hers.

"How do you put up with that kid?" asked Kendra, shaking her head, "It's..."

"He's my son," Viggo said casually, having just entered the room, causing Avi and Kendra to look at the Russian, "That's how you put up with him. How is he?"

"Should be fine." Avi beat Kendra to the punch.

"We'll see." Kendra added, because anything could be expected from the boy.

The confirmation of Kendra's doubts could be seen in Viggo's face. The man knew his son.