twenty-three | 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦

2022

Penelope dropped her keys. She groaned, already annoyed from the day she had had, and bent over to pick it up.

"If one more thing goes wrong today . . ." she muttered to herself, continuing down the hall to her apartment door.

She reached it and jammed the piece of metal into the lock, taking out her frustrations on it. It clicked and she swung the door open.

The lights were off, figures, since her roommate got off work later than her.

She stepped inside, absentmindedly hitting the light switch as she put her keys on the hook and slipped her shoes off, leaving them discarded near the middle of the floor.

Her roommate would definitely comment about her shoe placement in a little bit, but she didn't care for now.

She kicked the door closed behind her and made her way through the small living room to the cramped hallway where her bedroom was, furthest door on the left.

She turned the handle and went into the darkness of her bedroom. She turned on the light, setting her bag on the ground near her desk before falling on her bed, staring at the ceiling.

Her bedroom wasn't special, she had limited decorations, with a few picture frames of friends and family scattered around the small room. And the glow-in-dark star stickers stuck on the ceiling she was currently looking at.

Her bed was pushed in the opposite corner of the door near the only window in the room, while a few small houseplants made their home on the sill.

On the wall opposite the bed was her desk area. It was easily the most decorated part of her room. Her desk was littered with astray objects: papers, notebooks, game consoles and cluttered with picture frames, action figures and other merchandise from her favorite forms of media. Her PC monitor stood in the middle of all of it.

Settled right next to her desk, a little bookshelf overflowing with books and memorabilia. A painting she had gotten as a gift hanging on the wall above it. She had a simple rug covering most of the old, creaky hardwood floor. Behind the door was her closet and next to the closet, a dark green loveseat covered in small throw pillows and blankets.

After finding the outline of a star in the bright room, Penelope felt her pocket vibrate. Still focusing on the star, she fished her phone out.

Finally tearing her eyes away from the ceiling, she read the notification lighting up her screen.

penlangley
corrygirley liked your post.

Penelope clicked the notification, taking her to Instagram.

liked by ameliamarley, corrygirley, and 374 otherspenlangley nothing better than getting lost w @ameliamarley <3

penlangley nothing better than getting lost w @ameliamarley <3

view all 46 comments
ameliamarley ma'am that is not a handstand
penlangley i did the best i could as an average person who can't do a handstand