twenty-six | 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘺

2022

Penelope squinted her eyes, lifting up her hand to shield them away from the blazing sun rising up just beyond her window. She groaned, rolling over so her back faced the light.

She tried going back to sleep, but the room was too bright and her mind was awake.

Still smothered in the blankets on her bed, she reached over and picked up her phone.

The screen lit up, showcasing her notifications. On the top of the pile was a text.

remember to find a cute outfit!!
we're going out tonight

She rubbed her eyes and let the phone fall out of her hand onto the bed. She stretched her arms, yawning.

She slowly and lazily got out of the bed and made her way to the bathroom.

While she brushed her teeth she reached into the shower and pulled the knob, turning the water on.

She realized she forgot her phone and walked back to her room, toothbrush still in hand, water still running. She grabbed it and spit in the sink once she got back to the bathroom.

She went to messages and clicked Sean's name before typing a quick message.

do you wanna come over?

Already on my way

|\|\|\|

"You are going to get kicked out if you don't stop." Penelope growled while Sean laughed at her.

"What, stop beating you?" He asked, watching the screen intently.

"Yeah, basically!"

"I guess you just need practice." He teased, crossing the finish line. He jumped up, yelling and pointing at his unamused friend.

"So what? You beat me a couple of times in Mario Kart. You need to deflate your ego." She snapped at him, crossing her arms.

"You're just being defensive and a sore loser."

"You're just a jerk."

He laughed, sitting back down and grabbing his controller. The two were in her room, playing the Switch on her desk.

"Want to play another round?" He asked.

"Yeah, but after I have to get ready to go out with Amelia." She responded, starting another game.

"Cool, I can stick around for a bit while you get ready, but I'm doing something with Karl tonight."

They played another game, Penelope finally beating Sean after what felt like forever. When the end screen loaded up, revealing that Penelope had won the Banana Cup, with Sean in a very close second, she was the one to jump up, dancing around her room. He just smiled and watched as she celebrated her lone victory.

Once she had calmed down, she started going through her closet. "I have to wear something cute or Amelia will get mad at me and I won't get as many free drinks.

Sean chuckled, "Just wear what's comfortable. You don't have to wear a shirt that comes in different pieces to look cute."

She wrinkled her nose at him. "I already am cute."

"Exactly!"

With Sean's help, she found a pair of dark green trousers and a white corset to wear. She threw them on her bed next to where Sean was lounging, grinning at the outfit. It definitely wasn't the sexiest outfit she had worn to go party, but at least it would be comfortable.