No Reason/A-Team(Interlude)

You wouldn't expect us to be here.

Our little, depressed trifecta of sorts, is gathered in a club, one of Florida's known specialties. We're just off the coast of a friend's drowning, and after finding nothing but wishes at the bottom of our drinks in Miami, we've chosen this as our last outing for today.

Bad night?

For starters, there's three of us--three ladies, a bar, enough drinks to drown any thoughts of jail or mafia ties away. And it isn't looking like anyone wants to go home. V is clinging to the shoulder of my glittery pink dress, Justin Bieber is blaring from some faraway speakers, and everything is a blur.

I know better than to venture in swimming pools of liquor, but I'm making my first and hopefully last bad decision of the night.

"Chocolate martinis? They're the special tonight." Lizie has finally said something, looking down at her phone (she is probably playing genshin impact) when I see him.

Dreads, dark skin, and a smirk for the ages.

Holy shit, is that who I think it is?

"Seriously, Mimi, you're sooo drunk right now. Dude, they're talking to you. Do you want the Moonlight Rodeo?"

"Sure, yeah, whatever..."

So we dive in. The drinks don't take long to make, but I know when I see the bartender's shit eating grin that this concoction can't be safe. Trauma is crazy, this shit is totally fentanyl or some shit. I'm gonna drink it!

Justin Bieber is still playing from the speakers.

So I ignore it. Yes, I'm wary, but maybe it's because of gin and its intoxicating tipsy effects on me. After all, this isn't my first time drinking like this tonight, so...

I don't question it when the drinks taste good, either. V is sipping hers through a pink straw, and Lizie is taking shot after shot like a true boss.

And that continues my pattern of what I'm doing-- gambling on my phone (I just lost my ass on a parlay), and watching Flordians in a bar doing Floridan stuff. It's only when I hear Lizie call for me that I realize I'm spacing out, seeing the stars in the sky from the ceiling.

I could go home. I could call a taxi and hope to get home safely. I could dodge every obstacle of the night, and I've done that enough.

But I have the choice to struggle in futility, or fall.

I fall.