2

Jimin runs through the meadow as fast his legs can carry him. He's lost track of how much time has passed but none of that matters. And when finally he comes to the end of the meadow, he halts as his eyes land on the familiar face he parted ways with after he'd lost his battle to cancer.

"Jungkook," he whispers, tears filling his eyes.

The younger male hurls himself into the other's arms, breaking down in his chest. Jimin knows. He knows how hard it was. He could see how much Jungkook struggled, could see how much Jungkook fought his feelings for the sake of their children.

"I missed you," Jungkook whispers brokenly.

"I did too," Jimin admitted, "But I'm so proud of you. So strong. So brave, my Jungkookie. You raised our children well. You took such good care of them even though you were hurting."

"Never leave me again. I can't — it... don't leave," Jungkook clutched Jimin's shirt tight, afraid that he'll slip away from his grasp and Jimin's heart aches.

"I'm not going anywhere. Here, no cancer can hurt me. No more suffering, I promise. You and I. We'll be together. Forever. In this paradise."

"Forever?"

"Forever," Jimin nods firmly.

Jungkook looks at him, for the first time since he spotted him running through the meadow. Really looks at him. He looks healthy. His skin glowing, the way it did when Jungkook first met him.

Jungkook lower lip wobbles. He doesn't know how long he's longed to hold Jimin again, to hear the older's voice, hear his heartbeat once again, see him again, and now here stood Jimin before him offering him everything he desired.

Jimin closes the distance between them, pressing their lips together in a passionate kiss. Jungkook holds Jimin delicately, salty tears mixing with their kiss.

They were together again.

The end