Chapter 5: A Baron's Hope(s) And Wish(es)

3rd POV

Yap: [Kallen Kaslana and Yae Sakura... Just who are you both?]

Reaching back to the HQ, Yap sees the pursuing team are just finished with the debriefing.

Valk 1: Overseer Otto wishes to talk to you.

Yap: ... Understood.

Entering the room, Yap comes face to face with Otto Apocalypse and a lady.

Yap: .... So, what is it that you wish to speak with me with, Overseer?

Otto: Allow me to introduce you to our little runaway Kaslana's mother.

Kaslana mother: First off, I'd like to apologize for my son's behavior. I trust he didn't cause you much trouble?

Yap only remained silent, not quite answering the concerned Kaslana mother's question.

Otto: I take it as not quite. Anyway, Miss Kaslana, you may leave now. I've.. some things to discuss with this young man here.

The Kaslana mother only exited the room that Yap and Otto were in, the former looking somewhat annoyed.

Yap: Now mind telling?

Otto: (softly chuckles) Of course. Now, you were the one who managed to pin him down for a while, didn't you? Might I ask as to why you let him go?

Yap: Then I shall answer you with another question, Otto Apocalypse. Do you know who Kallen Kaslana is?

Otto: (shocked) [K-K-Kallen?! How?!] (Suddenly stands up and grabs Yap) HOW?! HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT HER?!

Yap: (only calmly looks at Otto) She appeared, if you will. Her voice was heard when I held the runaway Kaslana down.

Otto: Tell me more.

Yap: (Looks down to the hand holding him) I might. If you release me this instant.

Otto complies, letting Yap go.

Yap: She first asked why I was holding him down. Then we exchanged names. Said she was a former paladin for Schicksal. And she has asked about how you were doing, too.

Otto: [Former paladin... he isn't wrong.. But... does she still care about me? She did ask me how I was doing after all.]

Yap: Naturally I responded to her what.. (venomous tone) YOU did to me. Her companion, on the other hand, seemed to have recognize me. What does that do with me, I could care less like your Valkyries dying by my hands or otherwise.

Otto: Is Kallen still there?

Yap: (Ignoring Otto's question on purpose) Naturally, since Kallen and Siegfried both had the same last name, I assumed Kallen to be his mother. Until she revealed that she never had a child before in her life. Afterwards, I can only come to a conclusion that they're manifestations of the past as they do not know what the current year is. And when I was about to resume my mission, that was when you gave the order to get back. (Finally answering Otto's question) As for the question.. No. I don't think so. I didn't hear their voices nor did I see them once the order for retreat has given.

Otto: .... I see. You may leave now, Knight Yap. In due time there will be... missions for you to be assigned with.

Yap: (snickers) Yeah, yeah, whatever. For making up for my incompetence. I know it quite well by now. You don't have to tell me that, mass murderer.

WoH: Hmm... figures from the past suddenly manifesting in this age? This sure sounds like something straight out of a story that humans can make up from their minds. Still, this is something I must investigate. If it causes harm.. I'm afraid I may have to... delete this.