🌌 December 31, 20XX: Upcoming New Beginnings, Part One 🌌

"Fireworks! Fireworks! Fireworks! Fireworks!" Gammamon cheered as he and Solisamon danced, albeit awkwardly, to their chant.

I could only smile while patting Hiro TM's head, watching the beige dog flop happily onto my lap. Lightning, the dog member of the AB, plus Jackie and Alexandria, or Xan in general, the two Buddyfighting hamster and hanging parrot of the Ace time, also joined in while Ruri Taiyou pouted, using her stubby front legs to try and shoo them away. Luno Mei could only shrug while landing on my head and Eoshiro curled up into a ball.

"You know, one could mistake you for Snow White," Jiji snorted as they and Gami walked over to help pick up Jackie and Xan.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny," I snarked before Pumpmon skipped over and placed Eoshiro on his head, making the hedgehog smile a bit. Bokomon was being nuzzled by Ruri Taiyou, and Bakumon was trying– and failing– to interact with Ko Beom and Young Sayo, the two disinterested axolotls just turning away and eating worms from Wuliang as he fed them. "I am not, I assure you."

SRS Dan teased, "As long as you don't start singing to summon birds, you'll be fine."

"Deedee, let's not tease too much," SRS Hiro said as he carried his Gammamon and Glasssweeper.

"Alright then."

"How's George-nii, though? Is he okay?" Wuliang asked the two.

"Oh he's fine! Last I heard he was off with some of the others for a training camp," SRS Drago said.

"Even though it's the year end."

"Trouble magnets."

"... Point taken."

"How do you guys deal with your trouble magnets?" Shin Yunbae looked genuinely curious as the others nodded.

"Taking it all into stride. You cannot be rid of the possibility of chaos when you are a member of the SRS. Hino Ankh learnt it the hard way ten years ago," Tokime joked.

"He was the first of us to join the team," Ryu agreed. "And he..."

"H-He didn't die right?..." Hiro paled.

"Oh. No. He FLOURISHED. The chaotic gremlin LOVED IT." There was something about the way Shotaro-san said it that just made it sound so resigned. "He never looked back ever since."

Wuliang sweatdropped while Winnie remarked, "Sounds like a lot changed in 10 years."

"Yeah it has," SRS Brakken said. "But we won't spoil a thing."

Winnie pouted a bit. "Phooey."

"You know the rules, Winnie-sunbae. No spoiling the future," Gangsan joked as she gave the demigirl a drink. "Never ends well yknow?"

"I guess. Anyway, fireworks? Are those things you use to celebrate the new year?" She asked. 

"Yeah. It's kinda an unspoken rule," Onyx shrugged. 

"That's pretty cool!" She smiled. "What do we do then?"

"Just wait and watch the show. The adults are setting it up," Blues said while typing furiously on his laptop. "I must say this is my first time seeing them too, so you're not alone, Winnie."

"Great!" She grinned. "Being lost about something normal is a pet peeve, really."

The others all burst out laughing before I looked up at the night sky. "It looks really pretty. The stars are just there; no clear pattern in them. A... chaotic scene, but one I can appreciate. I prefer to not think about stuff for one day."

"That's true," Hiro agreed. "We TMs don't want to think about how to survive yet another year of near deaths and so."

Yuga snorted, but he said, "I don't deny it."