10

1/9
I woke up to see the place next to me in my bed was cold and empty. I rose in my bed to see a letter on the side table.
"You in a safe place. I wasn't.
-Nolan"
Tears were falling onto the paper. Leo walked into the room.
"Hey-" He said."  What's wrong?"
"He's gone."
I handed him the letter.
"Oh!"
Leo sat on the bed next to me and hugged me. After taking a deep breath and calming down, I got up.
"Fuck it! Fuck him! Let's go eat breakfast!" I said.
This caused Leo to laugh. His voice sounded like a younger version of my dad; I got up and headed to the kitchen with Leo, crutching not far behind.
"Good Morning!" Our grandmother said.
Our grandfather was sitting at the table reading a paper, and our grandmother was making breakfast.
"Where's Nolan?" My grandpa asked.
"I-I don't want to talk about it," I responded.
There was an awkward silence.
"Sorry about your leg, bro!" I said.
"Nah, It's all good. I was possessed, and I was going to kill you." He continued. "I'm surprised you didn't do worse."
We both fist-pumped.
"What's the plan?" I asked.
"What do you mean?" My grandpa asked.
"We need to beat this somehow."
"You two need to heal, and then we will talk."
"Okay."
Leo and I sat down and began eating breakfast. BANG! We ignored it. BANG!BANG!BANG! My family members then looked at me.
"What?" I asked.
They looked at the door.
"Fine, I'll check it out!" I said.
I got up and walked out the front door. Three figures were facing me: two males and one female.
"GUYS!" I screamed. "A little help here!"
My grandpa soon opened the door.
"What?" He asked.
The door finally closed behind him.
"Oh shit! Ellie, get the weapons!"
I began to run to a nearby water fountain, like in the fast food place. The water began to surround me, and I shot it at the girl knocking her to the ground. The boy placed his hands on the floor, and I got thrown on my back, and my forehead hit a rock. I got up, and an arrow pinned the boy to a nearby house. I turned around to see my grandmother holding the crossbow.
I turned back around, took the silver aura from my hands, and placed them on the figure's chest. The tallest figure shot me with water, and I got dragged to the ground. I got up and hit the figure with a silver burst. I then hugged him, and he collapsed in my arms. I laid him on the ground and then put my hands on the girl's shoulder while she passed out. I fell onto my knees.
Blood began to drip onto the ground, and I touched my nose to reveal where the blood was coming from. Villagers began to help the bodies to a medical facility. My grandparents walked up to me.
"You can-" My grandma asked.
"Yep," I answered.
"But I thought-" My grandfather said.
"I guess I got the healing gene from Mom."
"Can you heal yourself?"
"No, but I can heal minor injuries of other people." I continued. "I healed... never mind."
"Are you okay?"
"Besides a gash on my head and a messed up knee, I'm fine."
"There's basic first aid at the house."
My grandparents helped me up, and we walked past Leo.
"Yo bro, we have matching knee injuries!" I said.
"Aye, Crippled siblings," Leo responded.
I threw up a peace sign.