Prologue

June 22, 2022

I arrive at the airport ready to start my new life.

This is it, I say to myself. You can do this.

As I take out my bags from the trunk of my family's car I can't help but start tearing up. I start to realize that this is it, I finally get to live my own life. I see my dad and siblings gather around the car to say goodbye. I hug everyone goodbye, the only person missing being my mother. She didn't take the news of me leaving and pursuing a career in art lightly. So she opted to just straight up ignore me. My mother and I have never had a great relationship, people would say it's because we are so alike we just don't know how to work together.

"Alrighty... I'll miss you guys." I say as I'm trying very hard to not start crying.

"We'll miss you too.." My siblings say.

I hug them once more before they make their way back inside of the car. Now it's just my dad and I standing outside.

"I know that your mom didn't come.. But she's proud of you, she really is." my father says.

"If she was really proud of me she would be here, supporting me. But no, she's home trying to make me feel guilty for finally letting go. I tried to make a relationship with her, but she didn't try. So I'm sorry if this hurts her so much, but I am so glad I get to leave her behind. She will always be my mother and I know that some messed up piece of me will always love her."

"I know... I want you to leave, I want you to go pursue your dreams. So does your mother. But you have to forgive her, she only did what she thought was best."

"I'm sorry, but I can't...... I love you, but I have to go." I say now crying, before my dad can say anything I turn around and start walking to my gate.

This is it I think to myself. I've made it.

                                                      "Flight to Venice, Italy is now boarding"