chapter 3

" 3...2....1...Beep"

Being back in a kart after so many years, brought back so many good memories. Some of which I wish I could still be making. Being in third place right behind Arthur and in front of Paul, I couldn't believe I still remembered how to drive one of these. I guess to me a kart is like riding a bike, you never forget how. Heading into lap 3 of 5, I find myself starting to catch up to Arthur. Once we made it to a corner I successfully cut him off and was able to pass him. Now being in 2nd, with only one lap to go, I tried my hardest to pass Ollie, but in the end, he was much faster, I guess this is why he's a champion.

With the race being over we park the karts to the side and start to get out.

"Are you sure you only did karting for only 6 years?" Arthur asks as I remove my helmet.

"Yes, I'm sure Arthur..... I guess my skills still remain with me ahah" I say as we all start heading towards the little locker room.

"You did amazing... I mean you got second place and weren't even that far behind Ollie." Paul says.

"Honestly, I even started to get scared" Ollie says as he unties his racing boots and removes his suit revealing his regular clothes underneath.

"Thank you guys... I think this just made me realize how much I actually miss racing." I say removing my own suit.

"I say we make this a tradition... we get to travel the world, so why not visit a kart track in every country and do something like this?" Ollie replies, making my heart swoon realizing what he said.

"That would be amazing Ollie..." The more I hangout and talk with him the more I start to feel attracted to him.

Andrea, you cannot fall for someone who you work so closely with?!!

Bitch! You think I don't know that!

Once I say that Ollie and I just stare into each other's eyes. At this moment it feels like it's just the two of us and nobody else.

"Okay.... Well umm.... We should get going guys? It's getting pretty late and we have to wake up early" Jak says somewhat interrupting whatever was going on with ollie and myself.

We all agree and start making our way to the hotel. The drive back was quite fun, we started singing, and trying to dance the best we could while still being in the car. At one point I sat back in my seat and just took everything in. I can't believe just a few years ago I was ready to give up on life, I didn't see any better outcome. I could not be more thankful for Sam, he really believed in me and made me apply for the job. Now, I get to live my dream of traveling the world and being able to photograph my adventures along the way, not only that but being able to work for a motorsport team, with amazing people.

If only I knew what would be coming...