CHAPTER ONE

_____

Everyone must be a natural actor for their own good because of how normal they act at work while secretly concerned with Vice's well-being. It's been two weeks of chaos for Vice, who constantly feels tired and woozy. She couldn't really tell why she's being tormented the way it is, given her meticulous attention to everything she ate and drank. Surely, this must be something related to stress.

She's been leading a well-known noontime show for a long time now, and of course the responsibility is quite maddening.

Vice was caught in a ridiculous conversation with Jan because he insisted that all of this was a clear sign of pregnancy. Vice was gaping at Jan like he had grown three heads. "Ako?"she points at herself "Buntis?" then points at her belly. She was shooting Jan a deadpan look after hearing what he said, but he is persistent. He was explaining to Vice why he thinks there is a growing baby inside of her.

"Bakla ka! Nagpapapaniwala ka kase masyado sa mga nababasa mo sa kung saan-saan, kaya pati ako pinagbibint-" Vice abruptly stopped speaking, feeling her stomach turn upside down. She slapped her hand to cover her mouth and quickly ran off to the corner to throw up. Her co-hosts noticed it and shot each other a worried look before running to her side. Vice couldn't help but feel embarrassed, feeling the glances that were being thrown at her by the staff.

"Sis! What's happening?" Anne nearly shouted for seeing her friend like this for two weeks now. Vice thought all would be well if she just avoided stress instantly, but she was wrong. Her health continues to worsen day by day. Last week, she considered visiting her doctor to know what's going on, but she stayed adamant and thinks that it's just normal fatigue.

"Anne, okay lang ak-" This time, she gained everyone's attention. She continued throwing up, paying no mind to her co-hosts, who were beginning to panic. For a second, she forgot her surroundings, focusing her mind on her breathing to lessen her wooziness. She snapped back to reality when she heard Jhong. He was forcing her to go back to her dressing room to rest. Anne and Ogie nodded in agreement.

"Hinde. Kaya ko, promise." she protested. The three just looked at each other before turning to see Vice. They knew there would be no argument because she had already made a decision. The three eventually gave in but told Vice to inform them if she changes her mind. Vice smiled, giving a small nod while snatching her mic from Dumbo, who led them back to the stage for the next segment.

Showtime Sexy Babe started off smoothly. Everyone was busy doing adlibs since Anne wasn't properly briefed on the said segment. Jhong led the banter as they danced on the stage.

A moment had passed before Vice stilled and darkness slowly swallowed her vision.

_______________________

Chaos.

Chaos is an understatement. What is currently happening right now is beyond chaotic. Frantic co-hosts and staff can be seen shuffling around the studio, shouting and signaling for the remaining hosts to announce a quick commercial break.

Jhong was the first one to catch his senses, so he faced the camera and did what needs to be done. "Madlang pipol- tumutok lamang po kayo at babalik agad-agad ang 'It's Showtime'." he announced.

On the other side, Amy, the person who was held by everyone in the highest esteem, insisted she'd go with Vice. She quickly gathered her stuff as the medical staff hastily carried Vice to leave the building at once. Ryan appeared beside them, white as a ghost, and asked if he could go with them.