Jungkook's College || 05

jungkook: 20
jimin: 22

___

"what?! noooo!" jungkook shoots up from his chair, hands slamming on the dining table with desperation which makes aera flinch and stop with her breakfast. she puts down her strawberry slowly, watching the dramatic response coming from her brother when he was told to take aera with him for today as the rest of the boys were busy and they couldn't leave her alone at home.

jungkook didn't like the idea at all, blinking a few times at the elder brother, hoping he would understand the misery jungkook would be put through if he actually agrees on taking aera with him to college. there are all sorts of people there, most of which are the ones who admire jungkook, see him as the popular guy with his group of three more friends, all utterly handsome and too cool to be babysitting their siblings.

the boy loves his reputation and would kill to maintain that for it had already taken long enough of a struggle from him to reach this level of power. high school was shit, elementary doesn't count, and now after the glorious glow up jungkook had, which everyone including him was aware of, he couldn't risk it all by showing up at the premises of his university with his five-year-old, unpredictable sister. no, that's just too much for him to take.

"you can take her with you!" he proposes leaning forward on the table, facing jimin who only sighs in response before shaking his head as a 'no'. next is jin, and jungkook puts on his most helpless face for him, doe eyes nearly radiating gamma rays of pleadings to penetrate the eldest. although nothing happens and jin places his hand on the boy's shoulder, squeezing gently as though it was a way of giving him some assurance that it wouldn't be that bad.

"why me?" jungkook's almost defeated at his own game, slumping back in his chair as his hand fiddles with the spoon in the bowl that still has some milk and cereals left in it.

"because we can't take her with us," jin says, "i've got a packed day, and so do jimin, yoongi and joon. hobi has got a workshop to attend and taehyung's not reliable,"

"and i am?" jungkook stares at the elder with disbelieving eyes, and emphasizes more, "i'm equally bad as him! in fact i'm shittiest one among all of us! what if i lose riri? what if i do something stupid like i've done many times and she ends up getting hurt?"

"jungkook-ah, please it's just one day, you don't have to overreact so much," namjoon sighs, massaging his temples as he sips his coffee, "and please, you're not as bad as taehyung. you two put together, then that is bad,"

"how many times are you guys gonna call me out like that?" taehyung leans back, pressing his lips into a thin line and gives a tight smile to the elders, "no, because i'm right here and literally trying my best not to get offended,"

"you're getting late," namjoon nods subtly, taking the last sandwich from taehyung's plate and pats the boy's shoulder, "get going, bye," taehyung gasps at his hyung, standing up with a certainly offended look. he snatches his sandwich back, putting more mayonnaise inside it aggressively before storming out of the kitchen, muttering something with his mouth full.

"argh!" jungkook groans, "i have classes too, hyung. i'm not free!"

"i know you just have two lectures today," jimin points out, "you told me yesterday,"

jungkook starts seeing his defeat, puffing out a tired breath as jimin pats his back, giving him a subtle smile that's one like an unsaid apology for doing this to the younger, and a promise that it would be the first and the last time jungkook's made to take his sister with him to college. jungkook heaves out a deep sigh, dragging his gaze to the young sister who's busy playing with fruits she was given to eat.