Chapter One

Jin's fingers worked the keyboard frantically, his face pulled into a tight frown

Jin's fingers worked the keyboard frantically, his face pulled into a tight frown. "I should just hand in my resignation letter, don't you think?"

His friend and colleague, Jungkook, laughed lowly, eyes glued to the screen of his iPhone. "And leave me here to deal with our psycho boss all by myself?"

"Deal?" Jin stopped and looked over to Jungkook, who was relaxing on the chair across from him. "You don't want to deal with what? Mind you I'm the one typing a report on freaking Saturday, not you."

"Still, we were both called in." Jungkook shrugged.

"Yeah. One of us to do the actual work and the other to be a distraction by watching IG reels mindlessly and loudly," he said, resuming his typing. "Sometimes I wish the Operations manager would get struck by lightening."

"That's cold."

"I don't care! Your dad owns the company, Kook. Mr. Hwang is to afraid of you to ask you to do the things he asks me to do, don't you get it? Bringing you in today is just to play formality."

Jungkook's brows furrowed. Something was up with Jin. He sat out, leaning against the polished desk spilling with opened documents and overflowing box files. "Are you jealous?"

"Isn't it obvious that I am?" Jin asked matter-of-factly. "Your father is a multimillionaire who lets you do whatever you want whenever you want to, while I'm stuck compiling months of data to prepare a hundred pages report which should have been done by a selfish jerk who bailed without as much as completing his assignments."

Jin's phone started to vibrate for the nth time that day. He ignored it and continued glaring at the laptop screen in front of him as though if he stared hard enough, it would go up in flames.

"What is this really about, Jin? I don't buy the whole 'I'm frustrated with work' BS," Jungkook said, eyes not leaving Jin. The obvious frustration went beyond the work at hand.

"I am frustrated with work. It drains me physically and mentally?" Jin reaffirmed soundly. "It's a Saturday and I'm stuck doing something that isn't even my job. So, trust me, it's not BS."

"But that's not the reason you're PMSing. Your phone's been going off all day which you have chosen to ignore. So, just spill and spare me what I already know about your hatred for work," Jungkook said casually.

Taking a deep breath, Jin shook his head. "That's it. Nothing else. I just want to finish this and go home to relax like normal people do on Saturdays."

His phone started to vibrate again. He caught Jungkook look between him and his phone, brows raised inquisitively. "And the person blowing up your phone?"

"It's just my mum," he said, flipping through a document. He'd reached his comprehending peak for the day because nothing was making sense anymore. Plus the distractions from everywhere wasn't making it easy.