Part Two: The Wrapping

BREAKING NEWS: Reki Kyan does not know how to wrap gifts.
————

Now at home, Reki looked at his paper. He had gotten Joe! That shouldn't be too hard, right? After all, he had a list to go after. The best thing to get him would probably be more cooking utensils (probably not a wooden spoon) and a jacket, like what he had jotted down on the note. Perhaps a mug would be nice, too.

But maybe he should add something extra, like a candle or something. Does Joe like candles? Or maybe something to do with his skateboard! He could make new wheels, or give him some tools to decorate his skateboard with, like stickers!

Fuck yeah, Reki loved stickers.

With that decided, the redhead took out his notepad, and began a new list.

————

Things/Ideas to get Joe! (Secret Santa)

• Stickers (to decorate his board)
• New wheels (??)
• A jacket
• A mug (maybe)
• one of those 'kiss the cook' things (and try to forge Cherrys handwriting as a joke)
-kiss the cook mug??
• Cooking stuff (?????)

————

••••

The next day, after school, Reki went to the mall, a bag in hand and Joes note in his pocket. "Alrighty, Reki, today, you are on a mission, and nothing can distract you!" He whispered to himself, standing proudly at the mall entrance.

"Today, you will get Joes presents, and the stuff you need to wrap it."

Right!

Reki confidently strolled through the halls of the mall, looking at each store and seeing what they had. 'Maybe I should go to a cookware store first,' He thought, as he stepped onto the escalator. With that, Reki's Christmas shopping spree officially started.

————

Home, sweet home, Reki sighed in relief as he flopped down onto his bed, face first. Shopping was really tiring, it turns out. You have to find something good to get, something they'll like, but all while paying attention to prices and budgets.

Now sitting on his bed, Reki stared at the bag on the floor. He weighed his options: Rest for today and wrap the gifts tomorrow, or wrap the gifts now and have it over with.

Speaking of wrapping gifts, Reki was horrible at wrapping presents. So, how exactly would he do that?

Reki would TRY ™️!

The redhead nodded to himself, sliding down onto the floor and grabbing the christmas themed wrapping paper that laid on the floor. He took out all the items he bought for Joe: A jacket, a wooden spoon (It was a joke, Reki thought nervously, Joe wouldn't actually slap Cherrys ass with that thing, right?), a bunch of stickers, and a skate board themed mug he miraculously found.

Next up, more materials. Reki already had the wrapping paper and some ribbons, now he just needed some tape and scissors, and maybe some glue. Thankfully, he already had all that in the drawers attached to his desk.

As Reki sat back down, everything he needed being sprawled out on the floor, he came to a realization.

I.. really don't know how to wrap gifts for shit, bro.

I mean, what the hell was he supposed to do now? He hasn't even got the faintest idea of how to wrap a gift. So, being the absolute genius he is, Reki Kyan consulted Google.

"Perfect, theres a wikihow page!" The skater muttered to himself, clicking on the link. Surely this would help! After all, wikihow never fails!

"Alright, Reki, you can do this." The boy spoke. He opened the wrapping paper and spread it out, taking the first gift, the mug, and laying it on the paper.

Wait. Not yet.

Reki whipped out his phone. He needs music! Music to fuel his energy, to motivate him and get him working..!

The first song was California Girls by Katy Perry. (ha, more like Skaty Perry, Reki had thought.)

Anyways, Reki got back to work, humming the song as he went. He cut wrapping paper, ripped off tape from the dispenser, folded creases, ripped off more tape, taped the paper, ripped off even more tape, took off price tags, ripped off tape...

Uh.

Okay.

So.

Hear him out.

But the next thing Reki knew...

————

"Uhhh, mom?" Reki called out from his bedroom, "How do you wrap a present?"

Soft footsteps grew louder, and Reki's mother, Masae Kyan, appeared in the doorframe of Reki's room, and she slowly looked down.

"Oh dear, Reki, how did this even happen?"

Reki smiled sheepishly, unable to shrug due to the fact that he somehow taped himself to the ground.

"I dunno."

Masae sighed, a chuckle escaping her lips. "You could've asked me from the start, you know?" She pointed out.

"But I didn't want to disturb you!" Reki protested, pouting as he struggling against the many rolls of tape that pinned him to the ground. "You were cooking!"

"Your father could have watched over it while I helped you," Masae countered (Yeah guys Reki has a father). "Alright, then, let's help you up and I'll teach you how to properly wrap a present because this.. is not good."

Reki chuckled sheepishly as Masae gestured to the mess that was supposed to be a wrapped gift. "Thank you, Mom," He muttered, stretching his arms out as his mother ripped off all the tape on him, then unwrapped the not- properly- wrapped mug.

"Okay, Reki, here is how you properly wrap a gift," Masae began. "Listen closely, because next year, you'll likely have to do this again."

She started by rolling out a new piece of wrapping paper. "So, first off, we place the box in the middle of the paper..."

————

An hour or two later, and Reki now had a properly wrapped gift, all the items being crammed into a medium- sized gift bag, covered up in tissue paper to hide the contents.

"See, Reki? It wasn't that hard, was it?" Masae asked. Reki nodded. "Yeah. Wikihow wasn't that much of a help, really."

Reki's mother raised an eyebrow. "You're blaming this on wikihow?"

Reki huffed, "It wasn't my fault..!" He proclaimed. Masae laughed. "If you say so," She teased, standing up and stretching.

"Well, I'll get going now," She said. "I gotta go check in with Koyomi to see if she needs help with science."

With that, Masae left the room, leaving Reki, sitting cross- legged on his bed, the frame occasionally squeaking due to the boy bobbing up and down whilst staring at the gift bag on the floor.

A smile made its way onto Reki's face, and he laid down on the bed and took out his phone.

————

Redhead: Ok so what if I told you that I pinned myself to the ground by tape while trying to wrap a gift

My Canadian Skrunkly 🥺🥺: You what
HOW TF DID YOU TAPE YOURSELF TO THE GROUND

Redhead: HELP
I PROMISE I CAN EXPLAIRNDB

My Canadian Skrunkly 🥺🥺: PLEASE DO????

————

Next chapter, we'll see who got who 🤪