Travelling

- When you share a seat on the bus with a random stranger and perch right on the edge in an attempt not to invade their personal space OR give them the wrong message. Especially when it's an (ugly) guy.

- When elderly people glare at you as you walk past them as though you're a terrorist, when in fact, you're just a school kid trying to get home.

- When you take the last seat on a bus (or train) and people give you that look of:
You're a school kid. You should give up your seat for fare paying customers.

Mate, did you run 1.6km in 8 minutes during PE today then do a curl-up test? I don't think so. I need rest, especially after 20 minutes of torture.

- When all you want to do is sleep on the bus but there's that idiotic bunch of girls sitting on the other end of the bus, screeching out their favourite song so loudly, that the next car over can here them.

Then they start cackli- I mean giggling. Very loudly. And I don't know where people got the phrase, 'she had a bubbly laugh', but that 'bubbly' laugh I heard was like a toilet being flushed.

- When the bus driver ignores you because you're a school kid and smiles at the other passengers.

- When the station master is blind and waves a white flag in your face as he calls the 'clear' signal for the train.

Trust me. That happened.

- When the train is delayed for ten minutes, then ends up being delayed for five minutes.

After you've already run off to another platform.

- When those pushy people shove right through you in their haste to get into the train first.

Those seats aren't going to run away, you know.

And besides.

Standing is good for your posture.

- When you sit at a seat then realise someone stuck a collection of chewing gum on the wall beside.

No more 'relaxing-against-the-wall' for me.

- When you need to pee on the train, but have no idea which carriage the toilet is on.

And that toilet is the worst anyway.

- When you get on a train and it leaves, then there's an announcement that, due to whatever issue, the train will be terminating at a stop halfway between your destination and boarding.

- When the bus turns on the bloody air conditioner.

In winter.

- The bus driver is having a bad day and ignores you as you step on/off a bus. Oh, and yells at any passenger who so much as asks how much a ticket costs.

So much for that sign stuck to the back of your seat, saying, 'passengers can expect the driver to behave in a responsible and courteous fashion.'

- You fall asleep on the bus, doze a bit, then when you wake up, there's a couple making out in front of you.

Just. No.

Bedrooms were invented for a reason. And no one wants to wake up to the pair of you getting your tongues acquainted.

Or even worse.

A flirting couple.

So stupid.

When the girl just suddenly gets gassed with a doze of happy gas.

And the guy gets all tough and becomes a whole lot manlier.

And they say, 'gender stereotypes are bad'.

- Those arrogant people who sit with their feet on the seats, virtually on your lap.

- The people who spill a load of something on the train/bus and immediately flutter off, leaving the closest person to get the blame.

- When you brush past someone and they immediately think you're trying to pickpocket/steal their bag.

Paranoid much.

- When someone sits there playing flappy bird and howls with rage every time the darn bird hits the f-ing pipe...is it even a pipe?

And what kind of bird flies so jerkily?

Those are called moths.

Birds glide.

To some extent.

- When there's that person close by or even next to you, who sniffs every 5 seconds.

Bloody hell. Ever heard of tissues? Because you'll save a lot of people from hearing you suck your mucus back in through your nose.

It's even worse in a test.

How can anyone do linear equations when someone is sitting next to you, sniffing or snorting every 5 seconds?

~~~~

As you can see, I'm writing this on the bus, and just venting my frustration at all the stuff that happens when I travel. Bus and train.
~Evil_Incubator