On Go Artist

Kehlani's POV

Man fuck! Shee got food poisoning and can't do my hair for a few days on tour. I need someone asap. I would call Kahh but he's with Kiana and working with her right now. Fuck let me see if he has someone I can fly out to work with me for a while. I pick up and my phone and dial Kahh's number.

"Wassup Lani?" He asked and I rub my face a little frustrated.

"Kahh please tell me you know someone I can fly out to do my hair? Shee got sick." I said and frowned, I may have been upset but he was smiling big.

"I got the perfect girl, here I sent you her number and everything. You ask her." He said and then hung up.

"I know that nigga didn't just hang up on me." I said and then shrugged it off. I looked at my text messages from Kahh and pressed the number. Should I call or text? I thought to myself. Eh, I'll FaceTime the number. I clicked FaceTime and the phone began to ring.

"Hello—holy shit! Kehlani!" A voice said on the other line, quickly the screen flashed to a beautiful melanated queen.

"Haha yeah, Kahh gave me your number. I was calling to ask if you would like to come to Europe with me for a few weeks and be my hairstylist. Shee got sick and I just sent her home for the rest of this leg. Please say you can do it." I said practically begging over the phone.

"Fuck yea I can do it! When do you need me?" She asked and I bit my lip.

"ASAP? I can fly you out, I can get someone to come pick you up and take you on a jet." I said and she nodded, quickly jumping up looking around the room.

"Yeah I can do that, I'll text you my address and get packed." She said and looked back at him.

"Thank you so much, see you soon." I said before hanging up. My phone dinged and it was her sending me her location. Fuck I didn't even ask for her name! I guess I'll find out when she gets here. I made sure that she had a way to get to be, paid for her flight and everything she would possibly need working for me.

Within a few hours she was here and I was here to pick her up. Sitting inside the black Escalade with my driver in front I saw her being escorted to the truck. Fuck she was even more beautiful in person.

"Hey I'm Daphne." She said to me as she stepped into the car. Her beautiful melanin skin, flawless.

She was just beautiful and I couldn't take my eyes off of her

She was just beautiful and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. It was only when I heard her say my name a few times did I snap out of my thoughts.

"I'm sorry I got side tracked, what did you say beautiful?" I asked and she bit her lip looking down at her fingers.

"Oh I had just that I'm glad Kahh gave you my number, I've been wanting to do your hair for a minute now." She said and then words just fell off her big beautiful lips with ease.

"I'm glad he did too and by the way your hair is looking slayed I know I'm going to be looking good." I said and then leaned back letting the driver know he could pull off.

A few days later I was truly enjoying Daphne's company, she was funny, caring, understanding. I swear she was everything that I didn't even know I was looking for. I wasn't looking for a relationship but it was just something about her that made me wanna try with her. I had invited her back to my room to help me remove my wig and braid my hair back. I heard a knock on the door and opened it seeing her in a satin short pajama set with bunny slippers on.

"Well aren't you cute!" I said and she rolled her eyes laughing, her skin clear of all makeup and she still looked stunning. She was even wearing glasses, her blonde hair in a messy bun.

"Alright Parrish come on and have a seat." She said holding up her hair bag and a mannequin head. Taking a seat in a chair in front of the vanity, she placed her things down and grabbed what she needed. She then started cleaning the glue off my edges, taking her time to make sure it came off smoothly. I watched her in the mirror, the way she concentrated was memorizing.

"If you keep staring at me like that, you should just do what's on your mind." She said softly as she removed the ring and released my hair from its cap. Had I not been looking in the mirror i would've missed it. She was right. i should do what I was thinking.

Without warning, I turned and pulled her into my lap, placing my hands on both sides of her face before kissing her softly. She stiffened a bit before reaching into the touch, her soft lips moving back against mine. Her lips fit with mine as if they were designed to be there. I didn't want to pull away but I need to breath. When we pulled away, I kept my hands on her face and I saw that her eyes were closed.

"Finally." I said and gently drug my thumb across her full lips. She chuckled softly before opening her eyes and smiling genuinely at me.

"I think i've hen waiting for you to do that since I got here." She admitted and I smirked.

"Oh so you been waiting for me to make some moves on you?" I asked and of course she nodded.

"Why don't you stay with me tonight, no freaky shit. I just wanna get to know you more and spend some time with you.

"I would like that." She said and that night we spent the whole toné laughing and even she'd a few tears. Daphne really was the person I had been waiting for. I looked down at she her cuddled up next to me, now asleep. I gently removed her glasses and placed them on the side table. Then, as i turned over the light before covering us up with the comforter. placing a soft kiss on her lip and relaxed into bed and soon fell fast asleep. She was for sure going to be starting on tour with me but as my better half and not my hair stylist.