18: Explosions

I made new collages/aesthetics I added under character/face claims. For those who are already read past that — this is for you!

 For those who are already read past that — this is for you!

        ✧༺♥༻∞ ∞༺♥༻✧

        ✧༺♥༻∞ ∞༺♥༻✧

I felt the warm morning sun on my face and Anakin's arm wrapped around my waist. I didn't want to move, but a new day had arisen, and it was time to head back to the temple. I cringed, I chose Anakin, but I still wanted to be a Jedi. We both had to live in secret, deception wasn't my first choice, but it was the only way I could be with Anakin and serve the Jedi — the same applied to him.

I turned to face him, his eyes slowly fluttered open, and his smile melted my heart. I'd never seen him so happy — I wanted it to stay that way. Yet, sweat dripped down his brow, and fear was hidden within his eyes. He was burying something that bothered him. I couldn't let it tear him apart.

"Hey," I whispered. He continued to smile as he caressed my cheek — but despite his gentle touch — I didn't react. Instead, I gripped his hand and placed it between us, resting on the edges of our pillows.

"Are you OK," he asked.

"I was about to ask you the same question," I said softly. "You can open up to me."

"I..." he paused, choosing his words carefully. "It's nothing. Don't worry yourself."

He tried to yank his hand away, but I kept a firm grip. He wasn't going to avoid me that easily. I hoped he'd realize by now I would never judge him harshly — unlike the Jedi Council, even Obi-Wan. But he didn't trust anyone, especially not the Council. The moment Anakin faced them, they treated him with distrust — on top of it all — they put him on a pedestal, making his prophecy absolute. He had no freedom, even when he escaped the chains of slavery. I could argue that he was a slave to fate and the Jedi.