16

Emory shut the door, and sighed, crossing her arms leaning against the door.

"You gonna kill me?" She asked.

He chuckled. "If I wanted to kill you...I would've done so already. I thought you were leaving."

"I was under the impression we were over. But I want to hear your justification —"

"My justification?" He grinned. "I told you. Divine Right."

"Cut the shit."

He licked his lips. "I have never been a fire starter, Emory. Really. I don't pick fights I'm too busy. I just...I don't let things go. Why should I? Why should I let others walk over me?" He stood. "I don't start fights. But I do finish them. And people don't like how I finish them. But is that my fault?"

Silas shrugged leaning back, swirling his cup.

Emory scoffed. "You're conceited."

"I have money, magic and time. You stand in the presence of power."

"I stand in the presence of darkness," she shot back.

He grinned. "Is there a difference between the two?"

Emory went quiet. "What is it...that you're wanting from me?" She asked carefully, choosing her words with care.

Silas narrowed his eyes looking into the distance. "Right now? I think I want you to take the dress back off, and lay in that bed. And I'll lay next to you."

Emory smiled. Silas noted her expression. There were things about her he didn't know. More than he expected. But he enjoyed that. Getting to know her. He was a good learner, a quick study and she was his new very subject.

"And...I'm guessing...because you have magic and money—because you have power...I'm supposed to just lay down and do what you say?"

Silas said nothing to that. He knew it wouldn't be that easy, of course not. But she was smiling like she had some sort of leverage. And he couldn't figure out what on earth it could've been.

"Do you know something I don't?" He asked her gently, standing, crossing the room in an instant, standing in front of her.

Emory shrugged. "I'm sure I do."

He narrowed his eyes. "Something about you and me?"

Emory looked him in his eyes. "Do you want me to be your new wife or something? Or did you plan to play with me until you've had your fill?"

Silas frowned. "I...wanted to be around you. You trained me. So I can't help but come back to your side."

Emory licked her lips. "I guess what I'm asking is...within your power...what do you intend to do, to make me stay next you if I don't want to?"

Silas frowned deeply, touching her cheek. "I..."

"Hurt me? Imprison me? Cast a spell?" She mused.

He shook his head. "I don't want to hurt you, Emory. You are...someone special to me, beloved. I wouldn't raise my hands in violence against you."

Silas reached down, taking her hand. She looked at their intertwined hands.

"I'm sure you told Marion the same thing," she whispered.

He stumbled away, as if she'd wounded him.

"Things change. Didn't I tell you I wouldn't be your fairy tale? That I wouldn't save you? You kept telling me. But I kept telling you."

She sniffed shaking her head. "I cannot be your manic pixie dream girl. I played that role. I'm tired of it. I won't be your motivation. The woman who changes you. Who makes you want for better. I'm just human."

Silas eyes widened, he approached her. "I...like that about you. I want to know you. The way you know me. Remember? I don't know you yet."

She nodded. "I can agree with you there. I'll let you get to know me. This time, the camera will be on me. And when the scales fall from your eyes and you see that I am just a normal woman, I'm sure...you'll get over this infatuation."

Silas brushed her cheek gently. He knew it wasn't true. He knew enough about her already, to justify this intense need he felt to have her. She was no ordinary woman.

"I'm just someone you happened upon—"

He shook his head. "No. You are my choice. My first and only choice. From the moment I saw you. And even if I had seen you a hundred years earlier, 3 days later, or just in my dreams, I would've chosen you. I'm sure."

Emory's eyes widened, but she looked away. "Fine then. We'll get to know each other more. You tell me more about your life. I'll tell you about mine. We'll discover this life sentence together."

Silas smiled, lifting her face. "Seal it with a kiss?"

Emory closed her eyes, feeling his soft lips against hers. He pressed her against the door, sighing in relief at the contact, his hand next to her head. He leaned in closer, his kiss rough, and passionate, bruising her lips. And yet...she didn't hate it. Her hands dug into his shoulders as she bent to his passion, her back arching.

He pulled away for a meant, pressing his forehead against hers, as they panted.

"Will you stay?" He whispers, putting his hands in hers, her shoes falling from her fingers, pulling her toward the bed, stepping backwards, giving her space and time to leave.

She nodded gently, against her better judgement, against her only judgement, letting him lure her into the warmth of his skin.

Her steps echoed in her ears loudly, like nails in her coffin, but she followed, in a trancelike state, as he sat down on the bed, opening his arms to her. She stood in front of him, sapped of all strength, her eyes glazing over, as he gingerly pulled her dress from her shoulders, letting it fall back onto the floor.

His hands shook as they hovered over her hips, pulling her into arms. Her head resting on his strong shoulder.

Emory felt like the world was hazy, like a blurred filter, like she'd drunk more than she'd thought. He kissed her, his lips following her flesh, pausing at her pussy, indulging in her. Every the fast learner, he'd already honed on on what she'd liked, her toes curling as he lapped at her wetness.

Her fingers fisted his dark messy hair, but he was relentless, her hips bucking against his warm mouth, seemingly forgetting all that he'd told her, and every objection she knew she had.

His bright blue eyes watched her as she unraveled, reveling in the taste of her, coming back up to kiss her lips, and slip himself inside her, stretching her once more.

Emory shuddered, giving a sharp inhale at the sudden fullness, her fingers raking down his back, as he pressed himself deeper, filling her up to the hilt. His mouth accosted her, his hands roving, but his eyes, his eyes stayed on hers, soft and warm.

If he'd told her he loved her, she may have believed it, with the way he looked at her.

"Silas," she whispered.

He smiled gently, stroking her cheek. "Beloved. That's it. Just keep those pretty eyes on me."