CHAPTER 06.2 : A KISS OF MEMORIES

?!!

"What did you say?!" Did he hear that right? Yoo Jonghyuk suddenly asked for a kiss! A mouth to mouth activity where the two! lips! were! touching! That was only done by lovers! '...still, we're considered lovers right?'

'...'

'...no no no, let's not think about that. Let's think about why Yoo Jonghyuk wants to kiss me...'

"Let's kiss?" His excitement slowly died down as Yoo Jonghyuk repeated the words, but in a question form. He thought if he said something wrong that caused Kim Dokja to have a reaction since, 'This is the only way to unsealed his memories.'

"Y-you're not joking? It's a joke right? ...Well, I can understand your words, but if you put them together I can't understand what you mean."

"...? I'm serious."

"But why?" Kim Dokja asked in a whisper. He only asked for a way but got a request for a kiss! Why would they need to kiss?... 'Well, it's not like I don't want to kiss Yoo Jonghyuk. I already tasted those lips of his... though in a dream. It tasted so sweet and could take my breath away- wait wait! Why am I thinking about those scenarios? I just want to know why we need to kiss unless... unless... Don't tell me it's what I think it is?'

"Hmm? What's wrong? Didn't you ask for a way to recover your memories?"

It seemed like there's a volcano inside Kim Dokja that erupted, as well as an arcade game that suddenly shouts 'Bingo!'. They need to kiss, that's certain. "...Is there no other way?"

"...There isn't." Yoo Jonghyuk felt dejected seeing how Kim Dokja reacted. 'Does he don't want to kiss me?' He now feels the effect of being apart for so many centuries. Was he being fast? Maybe unsealing his memories was too soon for Kim Dokja? Kim Dokja still felt uncomfortable towards him and a kiss was too much for someone he just met for a week. Was what Yoo Jonghyuk thought. "If you're not ready yet, we can do it another time once you're prepared... I'm willing to wait until then."

Yoo Jonghyuk stood up and patted his clothes. He smiled at Kim Dokja as he looked down. "It's getting late, we should go back." He said while he stretched his hand to support Kim Dokja.

Kim Dokja looked at the hand being offered to him then to the man in front of him. When Yoo Jonghyuk dismissed the plan to recover his memories, he could spot the sadness mixed in it.

To tell the truth, Kim Dokja was not really bothered about kissing, he was just flustered. It's not true that Kim Dokja was uncomfortable, rather it was the opposite, he was so comfortable with Yoo Jonghyuk that it felt like home. Because of that, Kim Dokja became shy. He usually didn't act like this, nevertheless, if it's about the man in his dream or Yoo Jonghyuk, Kim Dokja was being self conscious. Imagine... Instead of kissing the man in his dreams, he was now able to kiss him in real life.

A dream and real life was different, that's why seeing the disappointment in Yoo Jonghyuk, even if it's only a little, Kim Dokja's heart aches.

He reprimanded himself for being like a girl who was experiencing her first kiss. Clearly, Kim Dokja was the one who asked for a way to unsealed his memories. And now that he knows there's a way, why the hell he's making a big deal out of it? 'Gather yourself Kim Dokja!'

"Let's do it!" He said in not a loud way.

"Wha-?" Yoo Jonghyuk heard him yet somewhat baffled. He's checking whether he heard Kim Dokja say he was willing or not. However, before he could ask him for confirmation, Kim Dokja pulled him down and held his collar.