I. The Train Station

He couldn't believe it. Watching the world pass by in the window, once again he was alone. Teddy wasn't a big fan of change, if anything it felt like a mockery. But he would be back with his cousin yet again, so hope was still there.

He held a suitcase handle in one hand and a skateboard in the other.

Rain started to sprinkle on the crowded windows. Running down so desperately to reach a place where gravity no longer pulls on them.

Tacky colours clashed from the train, compared to the slowly setting sun.

His tired eyes travelled around he met with a light brunette, he had big glasses with black frames. The boy's expression lacked, as he sat back straight, hands folded.

Teddy broke the eye contact as soon as he looked his way. He could feel his eyes burn holes into his skull. He looked down at his black vans to avoid this sensation. Eventually the brunette looked away, thank god.

He fidgeted with his clothes, dark baggy jeans and a polyester hoodie. He ran a hand through his black hair, adjusting his beanie. Once he could finally stand still again, he watched the rain begin to downpour.

Teddy didn't like to talk, which made him perfectly fit for being invisible. Chills ran up his arms, the temperature was beginning to drop. He looked at his phone, his lock screen with his family.

Growing up him and Wednesday have many memories, like their viola cello duets, catching spiders, and the occasional funeral crash. Just basic cousin-ey things.

After what felt like a lifetime, the train arrived to the station. Teddy was emailed by the principal, claiming he'd pick him up. He took his suitcase and skateboard out of the train with him as he was greeted with a warm face.

"Mr. Addams, lovely to meet you." The man greeted.

"Teddy is fine." He nodded. They make no small talk but rather just faces. Mr. Damin shows Teddy to his car, letting him place his luggage in the trunk.

Soft music plays through the radio, as raindrops trickle down the window. Teddy kept his gaze out the window. They crept through a small town, big signs call it "Jericho."

"So Teddy why don't you tell me a bit about yourself? I hear you have a cousin here." His face looked welcoming and calm.

"Uh I'm 16, I play viola, and I have a coffee addiction." A tug at his firm lips. "Oh and I do, her name is Wednesday."

"Wednesday? Hm what a unique name." Mr. Damin commented. The rest of the ride stayed as awkward and quiet as it did when it started.

Soon enough they trailed right through the short passage. Meeting with big gates. Now the sun setting to golden hour, the gates open, separating the "NA" letters.

"Starting now you are a Nevermore student. I will escort you to your room. Your roommate will show you to the office, you'll pick up your uniform and schedule." Mr Damin gestured to the door infront of them.

"Your roommate is Xaviar Thorpe." He as he opened the door to the half empty room. "Xaviar this is your new roommate Theodore Addams."

"Teddy is fine." He cut off the principal. Xaviar gave a nod before continuing his painting.

"Right, Teddy we hope you settle in." Mr. Damin closed the door behind him.

"Addams?" Xavier mumbled.

"My cousin is Wednesday, before you ask." He responded, setting up some of his things. Placing his skateboard by the end of his bed.

"Oh." He looked back at his painting, it was a viola on a dark background.

"You play viola?" Teddy asked,

"No I just keep seeing it in my dreams." He responded, making the bow play a melody on the the strings.

Teddy looked down at his case, then back at the painting. He pulled the dark, hard case on his bed and opened it.

He picked up the viola and bow, holding it up in playing position. He attempted to play along the painting, Xavier looked over at him. They sat in comfortable silence as Teddy played.

"I didn't know you played an instrument." He felt a little embarrassed, looking at the painting then him.

He stopped, "No harm done." Gently placing the bow back in it's spot along with the viola.

"Here I'll show you to the office now." He cleaned up a bit around his  painting area, before throwing on a zip up. Teddy nodded, setting his stuff down.

Xavier opened the door to the hallway, Teddy followed him. They walked down a long hallway, a long but empty hall, to a set of stairs that track down in a U shape. That's where the anxiety hits,

So many people. He kept his eyes low, following quick behind Xavier. They made it up to a desk where Xavier did some quick talking to the staff. They swiftly handed him a clear bag with a black uniform inside.

"Hello Teddy." A voice called from behind him, Teddy turned around to see Wednesday.

"I didn't think you'd make it here in one piece." She stated her eyes just as dark as before.

"Hey Wednesday, it's nice to see you again." He replied not paying two minds to her comment.

"Who's your roommate?" She asked, Teddy stepped out of the way to show Xavier.

"Good luck keeping your sanity in tact." She crossed her arms.

"Long time no see." Xavier exclaimed.

"I wished it'd stay that way." She sneered.

"You guys know each other?" Teddy asked.

"Unfortunately." Wednesday shot back, "I have to get going before Enid starts to worry."

"See ya around." Xavier waved. He handed the clear bag over to Teddy.

"She hasn't changed a bit." Teddy commented.

"I'm aware." Xavier mumbled, a small smile crept onto his face. The two made their way back to their room, greeted with the same absent feeling. Teddy opened the bag, looking at his uniform. He went to the bathroom and changed into it, he walked out a did a spin.

"So?"

"Looks great." He replied, spinning back to his painting.

"Looks great."