II. Late Night Duets

Teddy finished setting up his side of the the room, Xavier was kind enough to help with the moving.

"Finally." He sighed. Xavier laughed,

"Did Mr Damin tell you about Jerico?" He asked. Teddy squinted his eyes,

"Depends how much I was paying attention." He replied.

"You probably passed through there to get here." He added, keeping himself busy.

"Oh, yeah we did." Teddy sat down on his bed. He could tell Xavier was trying to not make eye contact.

"So what's with you and my cousin, you gotta crush on her?" He asked lying on his back.

"I don't know, I mean I think so. Don't tell her about this." Xavier mumbled.

"Oh I won't." Teddy rolled over on his stomach. They caught glances of eye contact, but nothing more.

"There's gonna be a poe cup this year, it'll be in a few weeks." He filled the silence.

"What's that?" He asked.

"You make a boat based off an Edgar Allen Poe quote. Then you use it to capture your flag, but our boats never seem to make it back." Xavier exclaimed,

"On a shorter note the festival is this weekend."

Teddy nodded,

"I'll probably just stick to the games, I get nauseous easy." He laughed.

Their conversation was interrupted by a knock at the door. Xavier opened it up to see a unfamiliar face.

"You know you shouldn't be over here." He exclaimed.

"I'm here to see you're new roommate plus it'll be fine." She waved a hand to Teddy.

"Bianca Barclay."

"Teddy Addams." Her smile dropped from her lips. Teddy looked over to Xavier in confusion.

"Well I'll see you Teddy." She mumbled, before leaving their doorway. Xavier shut the door.

"Ignore her." He said.

"What was that about?" Teddy asked.

"She has some issues with Wednesday." He explained.

Teddy nodded in disappointment.

"Great my whole life is dictated off of her stupid decisions." He thought to himself. He felt upset about this, his mind trailed and before he knew it books were floating behind him. He quickly dropped them.

"Are you upset?" Xavier asked.

"A little."

"I understand what's it's like, my dad is famous so everyone assumes I'm something I'm not." Xavier opened up, his eyes wandered.

"I'm willing to meet the real you." Teddy told him.

Xavier was silent, more surprised than not.

"Yeah totally, I'm willing to meet the real you too." He nervously replied. Teddy smiled at him.

"It's getting late I'm gonna get to sleep." Xavier added. Teddy nodded.

Suddenly he heard the soft recognizable sounds. Wednesday's Cello. He quickly grabbed his viola and bow, running out on his balcony. He picked up the pace and joined her.

Xavier wasn't actually asleep more the less just listening. Occasionally peering out the window watching him play.

Something crept up inside of him, and he didn't understand what it was.

The night fell fast, eventually there was silence. Teddy laid with his eyes piercing the ceiling, while Xavier slept soundly. Two thudding taps occurred behind him, he turned around to see Thing.

"Thing? What are you doing here?" He asked sliding open the window. He tapped moving his fingers in sign language.

"Oh, I see. So why are you here?" He asked sitting up. Thing had a balled up paper that he tossed at him. Teddy confused, opened the paper.

"Meet me at the crypt, tomorrow 7pm."

It read out in a print black font. "Wednesday?" He mumbled. Teddy put the paper on his bedside table, when he looked up Thing was gone. Teddy laid down on his back.

"Trouble sleeping?" Xavier mumbled, his back still turned.

"Sorry if I woke you." Teddy replied.

"It's fine, tell me more about yourself." Xavier sighed, laying on his back aswell.

"Ok well, I skate. If that wasn't already super obvious, I also enjoy music. I'm really not picky at all." He stated with ominous glow,

"What about you?" Teddy asked.

"I'm a painter, I can manipulate my art that's kinda like my thing. I really like this tea they have down in Jerico, not a big coffee drinker." He replied, he looked over at him before staring back to the ceiling.

"I just like caffeine to be totally honest." Teddy laughed softly.

"It's odd you know," Xavier started "You're almost nothing like Wednesday but also super similar." They sat in silence.

"I guess so." Teddy felt a creeping smile on his face.