12: peek-a-boo

heidi was panting while holding her broken leg, her fellow co-manager calling 911 on the side. the raven haired girl sighed deeply, trying to recollect her thoughts. 'why did monty attack like that?' she would think, trying to stand up, the door behind her acting as her support. she made sure the door was locked as madison offered to help her walk to the entrance or at least somewhere to rest.

the girl limped away as her co-manager aided her. mechanics and technicians rushing inside the door behind them in a panic.

...on the other side of the door, montgomery, he didn't feel like himself. he felt as if there was a weird force restricting his movement, or tempering with his thoughts. "fucking, FUCK!" he exclaimed as he practically thrashed the mechanics room in a violent rage. what he didn't notice was the mechanics frantically tried to shut him down, but to no avail. too consumed in his own world.

they had to take drastic measures. a mechanic charged in for a controlled shock, making sure it was on low electricity to not cause harm in their systems. charging for the animatronic, the robot let out a roar of pain before slowing himself down on his rampage. fortunately no one got hurt and they managed to get a grip on the gator and shut him down fully before he causes any harm. montgomery felt himself fall inside a void.

- - -

in another setting, both vanessa and you were starting to get worried. the gang promised to give you both a call a few hours prior to just chat and bond but none of the three were answering your calls. "well, maybe they're just busy? lawsuits and al-" the blonde started but got cut off by your phone ringing, the call was from harrison, you answered almost immediately. "hello, harrison?" you called out, vanessa sitting by your side attentively.

"hey, y/n, uh, how do i say this.." he said from the other line, his voice got away from the phone for a little bit, leaving it muffled, along with another persons voice, which you recognized as madisons.

"so, um, heidi's in the hospital..?" he answered nervously, anxiety lacing his voice. a voice shouted on the other line. "give me that! y/n heidi's in the hospital because of an animatronic attack!" madison huffed out.

your eyes widened, unable to form words in your shock. vanessa, who was listening in from speaker mode, replied almost immediately
"what?! we're on our way! text me the hospital." she said as she scrambled up to get into some somewhat decent attire. you, still left in shock, handed vanessa the phone.

as they conversed on the device, you were left to ponder. 'was this establishment as safe as they claimed it was?' you left the room to get dressed in appropriate attire.

- - -

a/n i am so sorry for the wait and the short chapter! i've been busy with games and schoolwork! i promise i'll get back into more chapters this month because of our break.