🌂 O5, red paint.

- chapter 5 -▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

- chapter 5 -
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

WIND HAVE MET WITH TIME . . .

The death of your mother was the greatest dread of your life. It was the most devastating occurrence any child could have encountered. Waking up from head pain only to find out about the death of your mother on her bed. You let out a blood-curdling cry as you had to witness her lifeless body.

From that day on, you had no choice but to live a life where you had to grow up sooner than your own age while bearing the pain of losing the only loved one you had in your life.

You had to start working to earn some mora for a living and even so, the labor you did compare to the wage given to you was not enough. Often, you had to save a slice of bread for three meals in one day and if you were lucky enough, perhaps you could steal an apple or two from a neighborhood.

But even after that day, even after having to exchange your childhood for labor, you continued to smile and laugh at every given situation and people would claim that you didn't care. That you were a heartless child. And to that, you could only laugh more at their statements even if their words were like needles poking through your burning chest.

Now, you are older and in other terms, you are a woman. A breath of fresh air with the loving scent of nature, the cooling wind left a gentle touch upon your face as you smiled dearly to the children of Inazuma. They were all full of enthusiasm and joy with their faces painted with various colors and shapes from the touch of your brush.

You called your work "Kumadori" which is known for its use in Inazuman theaters but most adults have found this sort of artwork rather strange or unsettling so it wasn't very acknowledged within Inazuma.

Though, despite the awful commentaries you have received from older citizens, the children of Inazuma had taken an opposite view towards your work. To them, it was an exciting and memorable experience.

It started off from one curious child to another and eventually, they would invite their friends over to get their own faces painted. They would laugh and talk with one another about their requested or given face paints. They truly loved it.

Oftentimes they would pretend as who they were painted as whether it was an animal or a character, and some couldn't help but compliment one another while playing dress up or making up their own little fashion show.

This has slowly become your occupation in Inazuma. You may receive a few mocks from adults as they passed by you on the streets but you were known to be popular amongst the children. They all loved your work and some have even stated to have aspired to become like you one day.

Following this, you couldn't lie that your heart has such a tender spot for children.

"Excuse me, Miss (Y/N)!" A little girl called and your head tilted in her direction. "I was wondering if you could turn me into a red cat..." She fiddled with her feet, timidly looking at you.