Conversations

# of Words: w/ notes 1504 words

Summary: Conversations with old friends, meddling headmasters, mates, and more

Note: Ok, so this may seem abrupt or like weird; but there is a chapter that is supposed to go before Hogsmead trip. Like I'm so fucking confused right now. I honestly don't know when this was written, all I know is that it is not posted anywhere and it's kind super important, so here you go ig.....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"NO! YOU CAN'T BE A-A-A SLIMY SNAKE!!!" screamed the red-headed boy, very similar to his mother. "Harry, how could you!", the brunette also retorted. The only one not to comment was Dumbledor as he was angrily fisting his hands, not even bothering to hide his anger. But just as quickly as the demeanor came, did it disappear.

"I will inform Professor Snape that he has another student coming into his care. Please go to the Great Hall and have dinner at your house. All of your things will be transferred to the Slytherin Common Rooms, Mr. Peverell," Dumbledore said in a calm voice.

We all followed what he said heading down the stairs. The two Gryffindors tried to talk to me, telling me about how I had to transfer back to Gryfindor and other crude words. I simply ignored them and raced ahead of them to the Great Hall. I got a few looks as I entered the room, but my focus was entirely on the two Grifindors when they barged into the room after me. I quickly headed to the Slytherin table as I noticed an open spot next to Draco. All the first years had been sorted and were halfway done with their meal so I hurriedly began to grab some food and chat with my fellow Slytherins until it was time to go to our rooms.

++++++++++++++++++

"Welcome new Snakes," greets a dark-haired seventh year, "You are now all a part of the Nobel House of Slytherin, which I would say is the best house. However, other houses do not hold that opinion. You will likely be bullied and discriminated against this year, and will definitely have been by the end of your time here. "

As the male stops, a blonde female continues, "To avoid any further harassment and bullying we have a set of rules that you must follow."

"One, you must always have at least one other person with you at all times.

"Two, never be caught breaking any rules such as curfew, cheating, and more. If you find that any of these need to be broken, at least use some of the slyness that got you into this house.

"Three, follow whatever the King or Queen tells you. We are not like many other houses, we follow a monarchy. You will obey and listen to the Royal Court and the King or Queen. You may overthrow said King or Queen at your own risk, but if you fail you will be punished by choice of the King or Queen.

"Four, house points and quidditch tournaments are extremely important to us. If you find yourself the cause of more than fifty house points taken away in one week, you will be punished by the King or Queen.
"And lastly, settle any disagreements in the privacy of the common room or dorms. We can not make ourselves appear weaker and not support each other. You may come to any prefects or older students if you need help. And if it is a really serious matter, you may speak with Professor Snape who is our head of the house. But that is only for extreme measures, as it would do no good to waste his time," the female ends in a neutral tone.

The male picks back up with, "You all are dismissed. All doors have a plaque that will show the people that will be staying in that room."

Although not a first year, I too had to listen to the dramatic rules before I could continue into the rest of the common room. Draco and the others were sitting near a grand fireplace on plush, ornate couches chatting. Before I could sit down and start to be questioned about going to the Headmaster's office, a voice called out my name in a friendly manner, "Hadrian! You're Hadrian Peverell, right? I'm Yatin Bhagat. Professor Snape said to tell you to go to his office after introductions. It is just outside to the right," I recognize the boy as he stood in front of everyone just moments ago shouting out rules. "You're new right? It's so rare to have a new student transfer into the sixth year. You may have noticed before, but I am the Head boy. You can come to me at any time if you need anything!"

I tell the excited boy thanks before he leaves. I turn back to the small group and tell them I'm going to go to Snape's office before leaving. The walk is quick and somewhat confusing as I had never been to Snape's office before. Slytherin commons yes, positions lab yes, but never his office. Down a dark hall, an equally dark wooden door awaits. I knock three times before waiting for the Professor to answer. Three minutes go by without even the sound of the wind blowing so I try to knock on the door again thinking that he may not have heard me but am immediately stumbling as the door is suddenly opened.

"Mr. Prevelle," greets the drawn-out, monotone voice before motioning for me to sit on one of the chairs before his desk. "Dumbledore has informed me that you are being transferred into my house. I have been informed of your- situation and would like to remind you that such behaviors that you were allowed to get away with will not be tolerated in this house. You must keep the name of Slytherin as clean as you can and will be monitored closely for the foreseen future. Do not disappoint."

With that, he gave me a few other instructions and rules, but nothing interesting happened. I quickly make my way back to the common room, but almost everyone has gone to their rooms except for a few prefects and the Head Boy. "Glad to see you back, Pevrelle. Don't let anything Professor Snape said to scare you too much. You should head up to the rooms, it will be a busy day tomorrow," the older male comments. I simply nod and do as he said. I look around the different doors until I reach the back where it seems only my name rested on the bronze plaque. There is only a bed with green sheets, a wardrobe, and a desk of the same dark wood color but it is still the same size as my old dorms. I set my trunk down at the end of the bed and put on some pajamas. Not wanting to seem clingy, I choose not to call Tom on the mirror; but I quickly give that up as I realize that I can't sleep without him.

The mirror picks up in less than a minute and I am met with the sculpted face of my mate. "How was the train, little one. Not too overwhelming, I hope," he greeted sweetly.

"No, I mostly hung around Draco and his friends. But I did meet someone new! Her name is Luna Lovegood, I believe. She seemed- well I don't know. Different? She knew about these creatures that pulled the carriages. I have never seen anything like them! Do you know what they are, Tom?"

"Calm, little love. To answer your last question, I do know what they are. Hogwarts uses a creature called a Threasal to pull any carriages during the year. Threasals look similar to muggle horses, but they are black and skeletal. They are often associated negatively because only people who have seen and understood death can see them. I personally thought of them as too skittish and placid when I was at school, but they are loyal if you gain their trust."

"Really, only people who have seen death can see them? That would mean-" my voice drifts off as I realize what this means and what she meant when she said, '

"Yes, it appears your new friend has seen a death," I space out still trying to process how she could have known about my inheritance, that is until my mate stops talking and questions me, "Hadrian? You still there, love?"

"Ye-yeah. It's just that- It's just-"

"Hey, it's okay, Hadrian. Deep breath. In...and...out. There you go. Tell me what's on your mind, little one."

"She knew."

"What did she know?"

"That I am a Necromancer."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Notes: Let's just forget that this whole chapter is a complete mystery for a second. I can't really express how much the comments/likes on all my parts mean to me. I am currently working on the next part (the one after Hogsmead trip) and plan to get it out really soon. I really needed this break to think about things and get some inspiration and work on other works. Thank you all for your patience and encouragement!