1

Pansy Parkinson

"You've got to be kidding me!"

Blaise burst into laughter when I spoke the words. The two of us stood in front of a white piece of paper attached to the wall. A piece of paper that determined your life for the year. The new roommates.

Dumbledore had decided to torture his students and mix up the whole dorming situation. It's supposed to be an attempt at bringing peace between the Hogwarts houses, but if you'd ask me, I'd say this was going to make my life a hell of a lot worse.

"How'd you get Goyle?! That's just unfair!" I huffed, glaring at the tall, handsome young man next to me. He smirked. "Not too pleased to be spending the year with Granger eh?" I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "It's not like Goyle's a treat anyways." Blaise continued in a less enthusiastic tone.

Yeah, I'd rather not wake up in a room smelling like sweaty feet every day either, but I'd take that over Hermione Mudblood Granger any day. I cannot stand her; she's so whiny, predictable and do-goody! She has everything. She's smart, pretty, well respected, has nice friends; everyone likes her even though she's a bossy know-it-all, it's annoying.

Blaise patted me on the shoulder with his elbow to get my attention. He looked at me playfully. "If you ever need an out you can always sleep on the floor in my dorm." He shrugged, trying to come off as innocent. I rolled my eyes once again and walked off before looking back. "Wish me luck." Blaise grinned. "Don't ruin the year with your terrible personality!" "Asshole." "See you at breakfast!"

I found my dorm relatively easy. It wasn't a long walk from the common room. The names 'Hermione J. Granger' and 'Pansy Parkinson' were written in gold on the door at eye-level, beneath the number 604. I hesitated as a nervous sensation appeared in my stomach. I wasn't sure why. I inhaled deeply, grabbed the doorknob tightly and exhaled. It'll be fine. The knob gave a little klick and the door opened.

Granger's hazel eyes met mine. She was startled slightly, but she calmed and her expression relaxed almost immediately when she recognized me. It looked like she'd just arrived as well. Her trunk laid next to one of the beds unopened and a coat hung over a chair. A black box-shaped thing I recognized as a telophone was placed on the desk, together with a white stringy thing of which I had no clue what it was for.

"Parkinson." Granger greeted me. I gave her a nod and something that could be described as a polite smile as response. I looked around to take in the room. There were two beds opposite of one another. Both had black curtains. Next to the beds stood a wooden night stand, a closet of the same material and a desk with a chair. On both walls were shelves attached, and there were multiple windows. On the far side of the room was a door I assumed led to a bathroom.

Granger noticed me looking around. "I assumed the red one was mine." She said, breaking the silence. I frowned confused before realizing she was talking about the beds. Her bed had red covers, while mine were green. I nodded again, took my trunk that stood waiting next to the door and walked over to my side of the room.

We spent the next couple minutes unpacking in silence. Granger placed her little amount of clothes in her closet while she organized her large collection of books alphabetically on the shelf. I swallowed the urge to snark at her about it and continued turning my desk into a make-up table.

Finally, my trunk was empty. I inspected my side of the room, now decorated with my stuff and smiled in satisfaction. It perfectly described my character. I glanced behind me, where Granger sat on her bed. She held and watched the telophone. I wondered what she was doing with it. I heard you could contact other people even faster than by letter. It's one thing muggles did better than us, I'll confess. My parents'd still never let me have one, though.