6

Pansy Parkinson

I rolled my eyes. "If you guys are going to be downers the whole night you might as well go to your own dorms." I said, mainly at Draco. He huffed and let himself fall back on my bed. "I just can't believe we lost our first match, to Gryffindor with Weasel no less." Blaise complained. He sat at my desk, inspecting all of my makeup.

"That party in the common room was meant to be ours." Draco added, rubbing his face with both hands. Daphne shrugged, not taking a break from drawing in her sketchbook. "We could still go there and have fun." She muttered. I chuckled, adoring her warmth. She sat on the floor against the wall. Draco groaned, not acknowledging her comment. He grabbed a handful of crisps, stuffed them all in his mouth and chewed loudly.

Suddenly he sat up. "Where do you keep your stash?" He asked, mouth still full. I raised an eyebrow. "I risked expulsion getting that in this building." Draco swallowed and shrugged. "So where is it?" I sighed. "I don't feel like drinking tonight, Draco." The blonde let out a frustrated noise and fell back again.

I looked at Blaise, who was staring at a dark shade of lipstick in his hands. He looked up at the mirror every once in a while. I smiled faintly and turned my head the other way where Daphne was focussed on her sketchbook. Draco was staring at the ceiling. "Do you want to put it on?" I asked, turning back to Blaise. "No," he answered defensively. He looked up, quickly put the lipstick back and turned the chair away from the desk. "Anyway I'm going to my dorm," he got up, picked up his coat from the floor and walked to the door. "See you guys." He disappeared around the corner.

Draco sat up, nodded and looked at Daphne. She closed her sketchbook, got up and put the pencil back in Grangers desk. "We should go too," She spoke. Draco hummed and got up from the bed. "See you tomorrow Pans." I gave her a smile "Have a good night." They both grabbed their coats and walked out, leaving me alone.

I closed the door behind them and turned to the room, looking it over. There's something about the room that was suddenly so empty and quiet, something that felt cold. Though my friends — whom I love deeply — might not be the warmest guests. I still leaned against the door, missing their distractions.

The open bag of crisps laid on the bed. I stared at it for a while as the guilt set in and the lump in my throat formed. My lungs clenched and I couldn't quite breathe. I knew when we were eating them I shouldn't have, but I did anyway. Why did I? I walked toward it, picked it up and threw it in the trash.

I sat down on the bed, plucking at my nails. My head repeating 'stop it, you're going to ruin your nails' over and over again, but my body not responding. There was only one way to rid of the feeling. I glanced at the bathroom door, contemplating.

Suddenly the entrance door burst open en Granger charged in. She slammed it behind her and came to a halt. I jumped up. "What the fuck, Grang--" She made eye contact with me and I cut my sentence off. Her eyes were red.

I furrowed my eyebrows and took a step forward. "Hey are you okay?" I asked. Granger glared at me, rolled her eyes and made her way into the bathroom. She shut the door behind her calmly this time and locked it. I stood there in the middle of the room, confused.

There came no sound from the bathroom. She wasn't in there because she needed to be, she was there because she wanted to hide from me. I swallowed and walked up to the door. I knocked. "What do you want, Parkinson." Granger said coldly. Her voice was different than usual. Smaller and unsure.

I hesitated, not knowing what to say. I didn't know what I wanted, to be completely honest. I knew I should want to simply leave it, but there was something that made me want to make her feel better. Something I didn't quite understand.

The problem was, no matter whether I wanted to help, I didn't know how to. I'd never been great at giving out advice, so I made sure no one would ever need it from me.

"Come out." I said. There was a silence. "No. Leave me alone." Her voice echoed a little because of the tile. I bit my lip and put my ear to the wood. "I need to use the bathroom." Granger groaned. I heard some rummaging and a cabinet closing. A few seconds later the door opened and she slipped past me. I closed the door behind her and watched as she sat down on her bed and set her bag on the floor.

I walked over and stood before her bed with my arms crossed. She glanced over, sighed and rolled her eyes. I sat down at her desk and looked over her stuff again. She had gotten some new potted plants I hadn't noticed before. "How was the party?" I asked, not taking my eyes off the plant. I grabbed it and felt the leaves. I liked the way the green was in contrast with my red nails, even if the paint was starting to shed.

From the corner of my eyes I noticed her looking at me, but she didn't respond. I put the plant back in its place and checked myself out in the little mirror, running my fingers through my hair and tilting my head slightly to see my jawline. Then I slapped my thighs and turned to the brunette. She looked at me, expecting me to say something. Instead I got up and walked over to my side of the room.

I could feel her eyes burning into my back as I arrived at my nightstand and moved it away. I kneeled down and cracked open a floorboard. It's where I kept a bunch of illegal things. Some joints, ecstasy, alcohol, weapons, all kinds of stuff. I searched through it for a second.

"Voila." I said as I pulled out a bottle of rum, together with two glasses and turned back to the girl. Granger frowned at me. "How did you get that in here?" I shrugged, put the floorboard back in place and got up. "I'm pretty sure I have some coke left over right —" I opened up a cabinet. "— here." I had to stand on my toes to be able to reach all the way back, but found the half full bottle of coke.

Back at the desk I set the glasses down and opened the bottle of rum. "Parkinson, what are you doing?" Granger asked. I raised an eyebrow at her. "Pouring us a drink?" I could basically see her brain working behind her eyes. "I don't — I've never —" I stopped in my tracks. "You've never had a drink before?!" Grangers mouth opened and shut again. I shook my head and poured about a fourth in the first glass.

"We're only sixteen." "You're the only sixteen year-old I know that's never drank before," I said, doing the same in the second. "Don't tell me you're a virgin too." Granger bit the inside of her cheek as I filled the rest of the glasses with coke. "Fine." She said when I turned to her again. I smirked at her and handed her one of the glasses.

"Cheers."