12.0 | Glowing

Author's Note:
This takes the place on the same day and time as 10.0 | Parent Trap & 11.0 | Gamma.

Olivia's POV

Old text start to pop up in my messages as the clock strikes 12:01AM, but I'm only focused on one name.

I don't know the exact time he sent those messages, but I'm sure it was hours ago, judging by the context

I don't know the exact time he sent those messages, but I'm sure it was hours ago, judging by the context. And that makes me even more eager to talk to him.

So I quickly grab FeFe's leash and walk outside.

I make sure I shut the gate extra loud before seeing Spencer's head turn towards me.

He sets his bag down on the step and walks across the street to greet me with a hug.

"I missed you today," he says as he clears his throat.

"I really wanted to be there but my mom and dad wrecked all of my plans," I reply truthfully and he nods.

"I understand. Family first!"

"It's a long story. But I'd much rather hear about your game." I tell him as we begin to walk towards FeFe's favorite fire hydrant.

"Three touchdowns, two hundred yards—- still undefeated!" He says in a matter-of-fact tone and I smile.

"Congratulations!"

"I would've went for four, but I needed my good luck charm there," he follows.

A part of me is excited to know he noticed I wasn't there. But the other part of me is sad I let him down.

"Okay, I guess I should give you the full story!" I say as I think about the events that happened today. "My parents and brother came over to take me to bowl and to have dinner."

"Did it go well?"

"At first. But somehow, it ended in true Baker fashion." I answer and he sighs. "But it's okay. I'm just happy you got the win."

He smiles in appreciation. And admittedly, it's the most beautiful thing I've seen all day. It's actually just what I needed to end my night on a better note then it started.