Chapter 1

I check the time

2:47 a.m 

"UGHHHHH..." I groan as I close my laptop. I was supposed to sleep early today. I kinda made a resolution to wake up early from this Monday. But no matter, I will wake up early tomorrow !!... technically today.

I set my alarm for 6:00.....6:10....6:20... and 6:30. I quietly lay aside my laptop and my precious Pendrive, which, NO MATTER WHAT! should not be forgotten tomorrow because it has the assignment for which,I stayed up till midnight. With caution and care, I ruffled around my blanket so I don't wake up my roommate and finally lay my head on my pillow.

If I go to sleep in next ten seconds, I will get exactly 3 hours and 40 minutes of sleep. Okay so sleep...sleep......sleep... . .. .. .  . .    . 

I wonder if mosquitoes know if it's day or night. No seriously, their eyes probably don't work. But then why do they always come out a night? Maybe beacause they are part vampires. They suck blood, check. They hate sunlight, check. And they also probably hate garlic too. But then why aren't they pale? Maybe because we don't now the different shades and the undertones of their colour. Has someone tried to put makeup on mosquitoes though? If I do it then will the foundation match? How do I blend it........... 

"WAKE UP !!!!!! YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!!!!! "

"AHHHH WHAT HAPPENED??? OMG DID I NOT WAKE UP ON TIME AGAIN??? OMG WHAT TIME IS IT?????"

"Eight"

"..."

"What?"

"I thought it was nine and I'm already supposed to be in the class. And you woke me up an hour earlier...."

"hehehehehehe.... sorry Swati it is so fun to see to you wake in panic like that. But anyways, you will get nice punches today. You put so many alarms for six thirty and you didn't even move while sleeping right next to your loudest phone ever in existence but the whole floor woke up because of YOU!"

" Sorry di but I really wanted to wake up early. I am so sorry to disturb your sleep. Again. For the... 24th time?"

(Di means sister and is said to acknowledge  your actual sister or sometimes elder females)

"32nd time."

"Right.... sorry. Also thank you for waking me hehe"

"No problem dummy. Now go and get ready. I've put nutella bread on your table. Today it is Potaytay. AGAIN. The mess of this college will be the death of me. Anyways, I'll get going, lock the room properly. My classes will probably end by three thirty today. "

"Okay... mine will probably end early but I'll hang out with my friends afterwards. So I'll probably come at about five"

"Okay. Don't forget to bring my yogurt from the canteen. Bye..."

"Bye..."

Meghna di was always punctual like this. From the first day I was allotted to this room with her, she has woken up at the same time. Every. Single. Day. Well, that is one of the things I am supposed to learn from her from the million other things. I was always the kind who made new resolute every night and spend all of day in pursuit of my yesterday's mad self. The day always ended with those sunken shoulders and sigh because I couldn't live up to my expectation no matter how hard I tried each day. I wonder why people like Meghna Di loves waking up early every single day. Is it just me who hates sunlight because you never know what kind of dread this day will bring or worse which same dread will you live today also...