Chapter 3

Working at the bar is always fun, I feel so welcome and part of the group already. I spend most of my time after shifts just hanging out. Tonight is my 1st closing shift and it's with Louis, I feel the excitement bubble inside me as I make my way to the bar. Don't get me wrong, Louis and I text daily, it's usually just gifs or silly memes to make each other laugh or what's become our thing, that one word "So..." Tonight will be the 1st time since I started at the bar where we will be alone. For this reason...Yes, I spent a little longer in the mirror trying to tame my curls and Yes, I spent a little longer picking something to wear, but no one needs to know that, right?!

"Hello sunshine" Niall beams at me as I arrive. That man really is a ray of Irish sunshine. I take off my jacket and return to the bar just as Louis emerges from the cellar. "Barrel change" he announces as I watch him rub his jeans and hands down. Niall comes out of the office ready for home, "Okay lads, have a good night. You know where I am if you need me" he says as he rounds the bar towards the door. "And Tommo, those dishes are still waiting for you in the sink at home" I let out a high pitched laugh as I watch Louis flip Niall off and turn away.

By 11:50pm the last customer of the night finishes off his drink and heads out. We work as a good team Louis and I, wiping down the bar and tables, loading the glasses in the washer and turning the chairs up. "What a team" I laugh and hold up a hand for a high five. "You're such a dork" Louis laughs but high fives me anyway.

"Fancy a drink for the road H?" I like hearing my nickname H, come from his pretty little mouth.

We sit side by side at the bar knees just barely touching each other with a bottle of beer each. "Cheers to your 1st successful closing shift" Louis smiles as we clink our bottles together. It's quiet for a moment as we both sip our drinks, "So...." I say, Louis looks at me with bright eyes and a sweet smile. "So....I was going to ask you if you wanted to grab some food or something this weekend, but I've just realised...you're a dork!" I throw my head back laughing and as I turn on my stool towards him. "Takes one to know one '' I fire back through my laughter and it's his turn to let out a loud laugh into the corner of his elbow. God he really is the cutest! "Saturday?" "Saturday" I repeat, I'm actually blown away by the wide smile he gives me, crinkled eyes and all teeth. I don't think I've seen anything so beautiful. We finish our drinks and get sorted for leaving. I pull on my hat and stand by the door waiting for Louis, I flick the lights off and we step outside. I turn to Louis to say goodnight and he's already looking up at me. We both stand there smiling, Louis reaches up and moves a loose curl from my eye and then it happens in a flash, Louis pushes up on his toes and plants a quick kiss on the corner of my mouth and then he's off down the street with a backwards wave. I stand and watch Louis leave until he turns the corner. Is this really happening I ask myself as I start my walk home, we have plans...a date even! Just at that moment my phone beeps, it's Louis.

L- weirdo :-)

H- You knew I would watch you leave didn't you? I type back.

All I receive back from Louis is a string of laughing emojis.

Louis Tomlinson is trouble, I just know it.

When I turn up for my shift on Friday, Liam's behind the bar, refilling the spirits optic. As I approach with my jacket half off he looks over his shoulder at me smiling, "rumour has it a certain someone has plans with our lovely Louis tomorrow" I freeze on the spot, I feel my face heat instantly as I blush but nod. "Are you all okay with that? I mean....it's not an issue is it?" I ask dubiously. Liam rolls his eyes and turns to face me "Tommo's a great guy and we...as in Zayn and I saw the signs that very 1st night Ben brought you in, was only a matter of time before one of you made a move" I nod at him as continue into the office to drop my coat in. I'm glad there's no bloody mirror in this office, I probably look like a tomato, I say to myself shaking my head.