Chapter Fifty-five

Chapter Fifty-five•

It's been a month since Matt was sent to jail, and here I am, sitting between Grace and Lyric. I finally decided to take them to my house for dinner, since mom and dad told me to invite them. And that's what I did. "This is a nice house you got Lucy," Grace complimented, staring at the neat portraits of different kinds of flowers on the wall.

It's a good thing we don't live at the old house anymore, or they won't come in due to the weird and scary appearance.

"Well, it's a bit lonely here sometimes, but yeah, it's okay." Drumming my fingers on the wooden table, I inhaled the scent of what seems to be tomato soup. That's kinda funny, I remember she told she'll make spaghetti.

I snapped my head at Grace's direction when her phone rang. Her eyes widen, beaming widely, "Shh! It's him! It's my boyfriend!" She exclaimed, standing up from her seat and accepted the call. "Hey," She greeted, Lyric began to squeal on the background, "Oh my gosh!"

Normally, I would be happy for her, but due to the incident between me and Randy, I guess romantic stuff doesn't appeal to me anymore. Grace continued to have a chat with her boyfriend, when dad came into the dining room. "Hello ladies," He somewhat teased as he strode in.

"Dad." I scold, a bit embarrassed, he just laughed and place his arm on my shoulders, "Sorry kiddo, anyways, is your mother finished with making dinner?" He questions, I shooked my head, "Nope." Dad pulled away and went straight to the kitchen. I can hear them conversing about dinner and money, which is totally normal.

"Really? Okay, I'll see 'ya. Bye!" Grace squealed and started to jump up and down in happiness. "Guys! He's coming over here! My boyfriend is coming over here after dinner, you'll finally meet him Lucy!" She exclaimed in excitement. I smiled, "Cool, can't wait to meet him Grace."

Mom emerged from the kitchen, and true to her word, a huge plate of spaghetti on her hands. "Dinner's here!" She announced, a huge grin on her face as she set the dish down. Dad soon followed with a pitcher of lemonade, "Who's thirsty?" We all sat down, ready to eat our dinner. After saying grace, we ate. The spaghetti was delicious, and the lemonade is just right.

We were soon finished, everyone is full and contented. Maybe our stomachs will explode if we continued to eat, which we don't want to happen. "Thank you Mrs. Mackenzie for inviting us to dinner, your spaghetti is delicious!" Lyric beamed, which made mom giggled. "No problem deary, we're just happy to know Lucinda here has a great company like you girls." I swear, I felt my cheeks redden due to that statement.

"Mom..." I groaned, standing up before gesturing at Lyric and Grace to follow me. "We'll just be in the living room," The three of us exited the dining and went to the living room, taking at seat on our leather couch. "Wanna watch a movie while we wait?" I suggested, Grace nod while Lyric made herself comfortable.

"Oh! Let's watch "Snow White and The Huntsman"! It's a good movie Lucy," Lyric requested, huging a pillow, "And, my favorite actress is in it!" This made Grace roll her eyes, "Please, Kristen Stewart isn't really a great actress! You just like her because she is Bella in "Twilight"! You have terrible taste in movies "

"Hey, I don't not! And "Twilight" is great! Even if Kristen Stewart isn't Bella, it's still a great movie," Lyric pouted, "And besides, it's better than "World War Z"." I just continued to search silently for the CD case as the two continued to bicker about which movie is better. Finally! Pulling the CD case out, I opened it and search for an appropriate movie to watch.