one - walking together.

—————- C H A P T E R  O N E - walking together

—————
- C H A P T E R  O N E -
walking together.
—————

"good work, my lovely dancers!" your teacher, mrs.kim, exclaimed as she clapped. "please sleep well tonight, the next months will be full of practice and rehearsals! our annual dance showcase is coming up soon!" she said, with enthusiasm yet with a sense of warmth.

as you made your way to your belongings, you took a peak at the windows that were high up on the studio walls. it was a cloudy, winter day. it looked as if it was about to rain any minute now. it made the lights at your school seem a lot brighter. you found this kind of cloudy weather very cozy and comfy, though.

you take a look in the giant mirrors in your school's dance studio. unfortunately, after a difficult practice, you looked like a wet dog with your sweat and messed up hair. "great...hyunjae is going to see me all greasy and sweaty and smelly. maybe i shouldn't walk home with him today." you thought to yourself, sighing.

lee hyunjae was a very good friend of yours, and you've known him for quite some time now. he's quite a lovely boy to have around, and you appreciate and cherish the friendship you have with him very much.

you didn't want him to see you in the stinky state you're in. but, you two have always walked home together after a school day. he would've been worried sick if you had told him not to come.

you walk over to your belongings where your shoe, school backpack and dance bag sat. reluctantly, you pull out your phone from your dance bag and began to text him.

y/n
i'm finally done with practiceeee!
i'll be out soon

hyunjae❣️
okay, wait for me when you're outside.

as you're about to close the app, a silhouette shadow suddenly appears overhead of you, shrouding your belongings and phone in darkness. your friend and also dance classmate, summer, looks over your shoulder and the messages. "is hyunjae your boyfriend?" she asks curiously. summer sits down next to you as you tiredly put on your shows.

"nope, he's my friend." you deny. "i don't think my boyfriend would be willing to walk home with me everyday after practice." you say, with traces of sadness lying obvious in your voice.

summer gives you a small, reassuring smile. people say she's named summer because she gives off joyful and warm vibes, like the season. "aw, don't say that, y/n! your boyfriend loves you dearly, why else would you and him be dating now?" she says, as she lovingly rubs your back.

you look at her with a small smile, still slowly tying your shoes, "i guess you're right, summer. but still, these days he does feel a little distant." as you finish tying your shoes, you quickly put all your stuff in your dance bag. you grab a jacket from your bag before zipping the bag up. you start making your way to the door as you put on your jacket.

you open the door to your school hallway to see a tall figure. just his aura alone screams pretty boy. he's quite popular and well-known for his good looks and his athleticism. it's not uncommon for both the men and the women to be whipped for him at first sight, it's simply his effect.

"well, hello mr.lee!" you say excitedly, with a big smile. your eyes glittered with joy whenever you saw him.

"oh, there you are, y/n!" hyunjae says warmly, playfully pinching your cheek. he greets you back with the cutest smile ever. even on the worst days, just seeing his smile makes you feel better.

"gaaah! stop it!" you say, zipping up your jacket and then covering your head with the hoodie. you didn't want hyunjae to see you in such a sweaty mess.

"why the hoodie?" hyunjae asks, his head tilting curiously.

"because, i look like a musty, sweaty, wet rat right now. you shouldn't see me like this." you say jokingly, as you began shuffling towards the school exit in your oversized hoodie like a penguin.

"aw, come on y/n..." he says, gently pulling the hoodie off your head. "we've been through this several times before. i don't care if you look messy...you look pretty, even after dance practice."

you immediately put back on the hoodie and the two of you continue making your way to the school exit. you, still avoiding eye contact, playfully snap back at him, "shut up hyunjae. i know i look disgusting right now, you shall never get this hoodie off me until i get home and shower!"

hyunjae then walks infront of you, turns around to face you and starts walking backwards trying to take a look at your face. "if you keep wearing that big hoodie, how am i supposed to see that pretty face of yours...?"

he reaches his hand out to which you immediately slap away, which shocks him a bit.

"watch it mister, i have a boyfriend." you say sternly.

hyunjae looks away, embarrassed and with a bit of shame. "oh, right. sorry."