Intro

The apartment itself was nice, albeit a bit dated, but nice. Nice enough for him to finish his senior year in at least.

It was a cheap 1,000sqft one-bedroom shoved into the almost-attic of the owner's rickety old building, but it had working amenities and Mrs. Cheng (the landlady) was kinder than any woman her age should be. Plus Sunwoo was the only tenant on the top floor, meaning he could do basically whatever he wanted without getting complaints from other residents in the place.

Really the only actual downside was that ever since moving in, Sunwoo had been exhausted. No matter how much sleep he got or how well he took care of himself, he was constantly sluggish and dragging himself around. On the outside he looked fine, there were no bags under his eyes or really any indication that his body was slowly losing function.

Sunwoo had even gone to the doctor just to make sure he didn't have something like Lyme Disease or a tumor growing in his brain– but no, he was perfectly healthy; just constantly exhausted. And he had no answer as to why.

Well, that was until he saw the marks.

Two agitated dots on the skin that was a bridge between his shoulders and neck. They felt like bug bites and itched horribly whenever he went to bed at night. In the morning he would awake to find them scratched at and raw. By the end of the day, they would heal and just look like some red patches on his skin, and his fingernails pulled at it to relieve him of the irritation.

Sunwoo was a logical and realistic guy who lived a logical and realistic life. There was most certainly a simple explanation for the weird scabs on his neck. The internet was full of answers, wasn't it? So he'd just do a quick search on Navar and see what comes up. It was probably just a skin issue with sunlight, he knew stuff like that ran in his family.

Unfortunately, his search only gave him studies on skin cancer (which was very educational and Sunwoo even donated some money to the Skin Cancer Research Center because he's not a total asshole) or news stories on the HIV and AIDS pandemic (also very important and if Sunwoo had to live off instant noodles and gross tap water for a couple of weeks so that further research could be done, so be it.)

Well, the scabs didn't seem to be spreading nor did they seem infected, so Sunwoo supposed it would be fine to let them be. If they weren't gone in a month though, then he'd go to the doctor.

(🐵: this story has already been fully written, so I'll be posting a new chapter like...mm I wanna say every other day? Idk. It's super short btw. Okay enjoy !! <33)