Chapter II

Dealing with Juyeon was easier than Sunwoo thought it would be. There was a constant chill in his body that Sunwoo could never shake though. But besides that, it was very similar to having a roommate, except that every time Juyeon looked at him with those red eyes, Sunwoo would pass out. It wasn't as bad as it sounded, because after a few weeks, the vampire's real personality began to show through and he would apologize profusely to Sunwoo for knocking him out every time.

They had spent a good two hours talking it through after a particularly bad 'episode' as they called it, and came to an agreement that Juyeon would still have consent to take Sunwoo's blood, but he couldn't overdo it because Sunwoo did still need the energy to get his schoolwork done and to perform normally at his part-time job. So they decided that Sunwoo would bring Juyeon alternative foods to quell his hunger in times when Sunwoo couldn't lend his own blood.

But other than that and the chill, it truly was just like having a roommate. Juyeon tended to mind his own business, occasionally tagging along with Sunwoo to get groceries or just to see where he went throughout the day. Juyeon was quite similar to a kitten, actually. Not harsh enough to be considered a grumpy old cat, but he was quiet and easily entertained– he also took far too many naps. He often disappeared when he slept, so sometimes Sunwoo would come home to an empty apartment, go to the living room and relax, and then suddenly see Juyeon passed out on the floor like a dead man. It terrified him the first time he saw the vampire like that.

It wasn't like Juyeon was just taking and taking from Sunwoo though; as a vampire, he had centuries of knowledge in his head and some astonishing powers when Sunwoo first found out about them. When he had gotten the list of skills from Juyeon, he wasn't sure what to find cockier– the fact that there was a list at all or the fact that it was longer than he thought it would be.

1) He can produce any amount of money he needs (it's why he could pay for clothing for all these years)

2) He can mess with someone's memory (when asked why he didn't just do that to Sunwoo, Juyeon was slightly offended and stated that he did actually have a moral code, thank you very much)

3) He can alter his appearance ("You can shapeshift?" "No, but I can make myself seem like someone you know.")

4) Amplified senses ("What?" "It just means my senses are stronger than yours." "Like a dog?" "...sure.")

5) He can take blood without biting (Sunwoo already knew this one)

6) He can tell if someone is telling the truth or lying (Sunwoo would like to have this power too, actually)

"So that's it?" Sunwoo asked, reading the list.

Juyeon nodded. "That's it."

"Why only money? Wouldn't that mean you can produce anything else?"

"Mmm, well, sort of. I can also produce flowers."

7) He can produce flowers.

"Why flowers?"

This time, Juyeon shrugged. "Don't know; just can."

Sunwoo raised an eyebrow. "That's weird as hell."

"I don't think there's much about me that's normal, Sunwoo."

His statement was met with a bark of laughter. "Very true. That's alright though," Sunwoo said, patting the vampire's shoulder. "If you were normal, I think you'd also be quite boring."

"Was that a compliment or an insult?" Juyeon asked, watching Sunwoo walk away to get ready for work.

"A compliment, certainly. Want to join me today?" He turned with a smile.