13. Prince Charming

You Belong with Me / Jon Snow out now!
"Why are you still kings guard?" Joffrey questioned.

"It is til death." Jaime remarked pourong them both a drink.

"You are one handed. You cant serve anyone with one hand," joffrey reminded him.

"Im more than capable Joff." Jaime assured. "But... Lets not talk about me. You are going to married."

"Another thing you know nothing about." Joffrey agreed.

"Im tired." Jaime remarked, of being belittled by everyone in this fucking family he thought bitterly. "Have a good night your grace."

+

"Her family was killed at a wedding." Tessa remarked as they walked. It had become a habit. Tessa and Jaime would spend their days together. Jaime was on the kings guard but Joffrey had other guards and considering Cersei and Joffrey couldnt stand him most days, Mycella was at sunspear and Tommen was busy with Ser Pounce and his studies Jaime found himself moving to Tessa's chambers every morning when they would break their fasts together. Walk the gardens, talk about their past, their childhood. Their families. Anything and everything that crossed their minds. It was refreshing.

"Joffrey said- you are going to think us all terrible never mind."

"I could never think you terrible Jaime." Tessa corrected.

"How are you so sweet?"

"Might be the tart I ate while breaking my fast." Tessa offered. She waved at loras as he passed he smiled back at her.

"Are you close with your siblings you seem close." Jaime remarked.

"Yes. I love them. I am the eldest and Loras likes to say I mother him." Tessa informed Jaime. "I used to-" she giggled at the memory. "-our mother died when loras was very little and I used to carry him around like a baby doll change him feed him dress him up in little bowties. Push him around like he was my baby..."

"So you have always wanted to be a mother." Jaime realized.

"Always." Tessa agreed. "But the fates deemed my husband dead before that could happen." She forced a smile. "You?"

"I love cerseis children. Joffrey excluded some days." Jaime half teased. "But I can honestly say the I havent thought about having a child giving up the cloaks in years."

"You thought it before though?" Tessa pondered.

"Yes. After Tommen was born. He was the sweetest little thing... it got me thinking." Jaime murmured. "Yet here I am a broken delicate man of the kings guard. The king doesnt even want me on his guard anymore." He huffed out.

"Then maybe it is a good time to reconsider retirement?" Tessa pondered lightly.

"I would have been insulted it if were anyone else saying that you know." Jaime informed her.

"But since its me?" Jaime smiled back at her looking into her garden green eyes.

"The thought has crossed my mind more and more since meeting you." He admitted honestly.

"Jaime have you seen sansa?" Tyrion pondered.

"No." Jaime answered as Tyrion passed.

'You need to eat some thing.' shae told Sansa 'pigeon pie?' she offered

'No thank you.' shae looked around

'Lemon cakes that is your favorite.' shae put it in front of her.

'No thank you.' Sansa repeated dully.

'You love lemon cakes!' shae reminded her 'please tell her she needs to eat!' shae told Tyrion as he came up to them. he looked over to sansa

'My lady you do need to eat.' Tyrion encouraged

'I do not need to eat.' she corrected.

'If I could have a moment alone with my wife.' the other handmaiden left while shae stayed at sansa's side. Tyrion pleaded with her silently to give them a moment, begrudgingly shae left.

'she needs to eat.' she called over her shoulder.

"Are you close with your siblings Jaime?" Tessa questioned.

Jaime was too close with cersei for a long while and now cersei hated him with a fiery passion.

"I used to be closer with cersei. We are twins but my time away changed things." Jaime offered vaguely.

"And tyrion?"

"I dod the typical shitty big brother torments little brother nonsense when we were younger but now that Im back im sure things will be getting back to normal." Jaime offered.

'I cannot let you starve I swore to protect you.' tyrion told sansa 'my lady... I am your husband whether you like me or not. Let me help you.'

'How can you help me?'

'I don't know but I can try.'

'I've been awake all night staring at the canopy thinking about how they died.' Sansa informed him.

'I could get you the essence of nightshade to help you sleep.' tyrion offered.

"What about your father are you closer with him?" Tessa questioned

"No. Im a disappointment remember?"

"Not to me which is why i forgot you said it." Tessa admitted. "Im a disappointment to my father as well. My grandmother too." Tessa informed him.

"I find that rediculous." Jaime declared Tessa leaned into him as they walked.

"I disappointed my husband by not giving him an heir before he died. Therefore i am a burden to my family. You are a man. Your family hells all families love their men through any faults."

"Are you saying I have faults?" Jaime mused.

"Not you just every other male in exsistence." Tessa assured.

"Of course of course." Jaime laughed out. Tessa smile up at him hoping for that kiss did he want her to beg. She wasnt above begging for him. He was lie Prince Charming.

'Do you know what they did to my brother? How they sewed his dire wolfs head onto his body and my mother they say they cut her throat to the bone....' sansa cried out.

'What happened to your family was a terrible crime I did not know your brother but he seems like a good man your mother on the other hand I admired her.... she wanted to have me executed but I admired her. She was a strong woman and she was fierce when it came to protecting her children.' sansa nodded a tear falling down her face 'Sansa... Your mother would want you to carry on you know it is true.'

"Prince Charming?" Jaime repeated. Fuck did she say that out loud. Tessa blinked back at him.

"When are you going to kiss me?" Tessa asked desperately.

"Is there is a timeline an expiration date?" Jaime teased getting closer.

"Yes right now!" Tessa agreed beaming up at him.

'would you pardon me my Lord I need to visit the sept.' sansa said getting up.

'Of course I hear prayer can be-' tyrion agreed.

'No my Lord I do not pray anymore it is the only place I can go with people don't talk to me.' Sansa told him marching away she rammed right onto tessa making her stumble into Jaime. Sansa murmured an apology as she kept going.

"Falling into my arms Tessa Rose."