Chapter Thirteen

Only more chapter than the epilogue. Don't worry, though. All questions will be answered.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stiles looks at Julia for a second before bursting into slightly hysterical laughter, and he shakes his head at her. "You're insane." He tells her, and she frowns at him before moving to look for some to use for her potion.

"You want to go back to your time? You have to sever the bond between you and he." She snaps, and Stiles shakes his head. He wants to go home, or does he, but not like that. He could never kill or even harm Derek after everything he done to for him, not mention his feeling for the other man that he hasn't been able to put into words, and he moves to stand to leave. "You'll get tired of living here, and he'll get tired of you." She tells him, and Stiles looks at her with anger.

"You know nothing of what you speak of, witch." Stiles tells her, and she hums but doesn't say anything else. Stiles looks at her in question before he moves to leave, and he turns towards her before he leaves. "The Hale Pack and all it's members are under my protection." Stiles tells her, and she looks at him almost bored before nodding.

"We shall see how that goes, won't we?" She hums,and Stiles narrows his eyes at her before leaving to go back to the village. He needs to talk to Derek, needs to get everything off his chest, and he hums as he leaves. He doesn't trust Julia, he doesn't really trust anyone here besides Derek, and he walks slowly as he plans out his words.

Stiles walks the trail, the path familiar, and he nods to the wolves on watch, he's sure by now that it's Erica and Boyd. His cabin comes into view, and he doesn't even get to the door before Derek is ripping open the door to stare at him. "You cannot keep doing that, mo ghrá." Derek tells him, and Stiles looks at him while he feels ashamed of himself.

"I need to tell you something, okay?" Stiles pleads with him, and Derek looks at him before nodding and he pulls him into the house. Derek doesn't look at him while he moves to stand away from him before giving Stiles a pointed look to speak. "I'm not from here." Stiles tells him, and Derek nods his head.

"I can tell by the strange way you talk that you are not." Derek tells him, and Stiles fights the urge to slap himself in the face because of course this was going to be odd for him to explain. "Just tell me, Stiles. I want to know why you're so distant." Derek says, and Stiles sighs as he wipes his face with his hands.

"I'm from the future. In two thousand fifteen, I touched a monument, the same monument that is not that far from here and it sent me here." Stiles tells him, and Derek looks at him in confusion. "I think. I think that I was meant to come here because I think that the powers that be want us together." Stiles tells him, and he cannot tell by Derek's face if he believes him or not. "Listen to my heartbeat and you will hear no lies." Stiles tells him, and Derek watches him without speaking for what seems like forever. "Say something." Stiles hisses at him.

"I believe you, Stiles." Derek tells him, and Stiles exhales in relief before he laughs softly to himself. He should have known that Derek would have believed him, and he nods his head. "Are you looking for a way back?" Derek asks, and Stiles stops laughing as he looks at Derek.

"It doesn't matter. When you bit me, marked me, you trapped me to you. I can't go anywhere." Stiles tells him, and Derek looks at him. His face goes from cool neutrality to anger before Stiles can catch it.

"It that what I did? I trapped you to me?" Derek seethes, and Stiles looks at him for a second before sighing. He doesn't know how to word what he is feeling, and he really doesn't want Derek to be mad at him. "Answer me!" Derek yells at him, and Stiles takes a step back. Derek has never raised his voice at him, ever, and Stiles didn't think he ever would but obviously he was wrong.