Through this - Okoye x Reader.

Summary: The day that Okoye is stripped from her title as general. You, who has been away to Jabari-land for meetings with M'baku, come home and comfort her.

--‐-----------------------------‐-----------‐-------------------------

Okoye left the throne room filled with her superiors, a prominent line of tears leaving her eyes as she walked briskly, careful not to trip. She had just lost her title as the General and she was no longer a member of the Dora Milaje, now having been demoted to being a regular civilian.

Regardless of that though, she didn't want to be seen crying by too many more people, already feeling humiliated at how weak she must has looked in there. She for sure knew that the word would spread soon and all of central Wakanda would be gossiping about the entire ordeal before suppertime. So she walked as fast as she could to her headquarters in the royal palace, to pack her few things and return to your shared nearby home.

There wasn't much in the room, anyway. Just a few pieces of clothing, some gadgets that she would leave behind, and a small picture framed of the two of you on your trip in America taken last year. It had been a goofy photo, one that she had never shown anyone, of the two of you sharing an ice cream during a short break at an ice cream parlor when you both had a free hour. You had taken it before she could stop you, doing it to quickly for the camera to capture clearly, so it was a bit blurry. But the smiles on your faces were clearly wide and happy.

After admiring the photo and putting it in her bag, she looked around one last time.

She left most of the things that she had found in the room when she had first arrived exactly where they were, choosing to send you a quick message with her kimoyo beads telling you that she would be at home tonight. She tried to make the message sound as normal as possible, not wanting to alarm you, or prompt you to come home from your week away working in the Jabari-Lands too soon.

She remembered you mentioning how important the week was for your work, as you would be attempting to work with M'baku and his elders for the architectural developments that were to take place in the coming months for their people. M'baku had been extremely stubborn about the entire situation. Not wanting to admit to the real troubles that living in caves often brought to the people of the Jabari-Lands. After 3 years of negotiating, you were finally given permission to start the renovation process, just a few small things in the caves to make living in them less physically taxing. Although you had offered to do much more for them, you accepted the offer before M'baku or anyone else could change their minds.

It had been 6 days since you had left, and today was the last day before you were to return, so Okoye didn't want to postpone any of your progress by making you leave 6 hours early. You were each other's weaknesses, and she knew that seeing her hurting would make you loose all rationality and you would rush home faster than ever, just to make sure that she was okay.

If she was lucky, you wouldn't find out about what happened before she could tell you herself, but with the way that the day had been going, she doubted that she had much luck left to her name at that point.

She took off her uniform and left it on the bed, deciding to put on a plain dress and her blue sandals from home. She looked in both directions before leaving her room and subsequently leaving the palace.

The journey home was very uncomfortable because the word was already starting to spread. Many people gave Okoye looks of pity, some, of gratitude and a few people even looked quite smug.

She wasn't as distinguishable as usual, not being in uniform, or standing quite as tall as she usually did, but people still tried to get her to answer questions on whether the rumours were true whenever they recognized her. They wanted to know if she had really lost the princess and been released from her work with the royal family. She didn't respond much, giving people quick and few words like, "Move, please" or "I'd rather not say" up until she reached home.