I'd do it all over again - Queen Ramonda x Reader

A request from and originally on Tumblr: (F reader grew up with Ramonda and was her absolute best friend, and had the biggest crush on her.  But Ramonda was promised to TChaka, and so reader joined the Dora, finally rising through the ranks until she could be Ramondas personal bodyguard. They were still best friends, and one day, after TChaka dies, Ramondas life is threatened, and reader takes a blow in her defense, nearly losing her own. She accidentally confesses her feelings to Ramonda as she lays in the medical center. )

♡◇♡◇♡◇♡

"Ramonda; my dearest friend,my heart's desire. The day I get to hold you in my arms in the way that I truly want, is the day I will be truly fulfilled" - Written by 16-year-old You

The atmosphere that your body had created in the room was unsettling. Your anxiety radiated off of your body and surrounded you along with the area around you. You ate your breakfast, nervous thoughts popping up in your head as you sat contemplating your love confession to Ramonda.

What if she rejected you? Or what if she completely lashed out at you and refused to be your friend anymore? Your fixation on the matter was making you grow more doubtful of the idea, but it was far too late to back down. It had been long enough.

Having known each other since before you were even in pre-school, you and Ramonda were were the best of friends. You experienced living and growing up together, and there had never been anything that could break the two of you apart.

For the past 2 years, however, you'd been struggling with your feelings for Ramonda, and how they had changed from platonic feelings to that of romantic interest.

Simple things that used to be normal between the two of you, felt completely different. When the two of you would be gazing up at the stars at night right by the river, and she would lay her head on top of your chest, your heart would instantly start racing, and your whole body would go rigid, you face rushing with blood, embarrassing you even though she couldn't see it.

You knew after the 6 month mark that it wasn't a phase. You were in love with your best friend and you had no clue what to do about it. It was exactly like the age-old television drama scenario. And now you had to question; would she like you back or would you lose your best friend because she didn't feel the same way. The latter option kept repeating in your head.

The likelihood of her feeling the way you did felt slim to you, and you had little hope that your love was requited. But you'd been simmering on these feelings more desperately for a year, and they weren't going away.

As you sat at the table, you couldn't help but feel like it was time. Maybe the day out with her would be relaxing and you would find the strength within you to tell her about your feelings and it would actually tell her.

It was risky, and your stomach dropping at the idea of it all didn't give you much reassurance, but you were going to do it. Just as you were finishing, your father walked into the kitchen, greeting you.

"Y/n, I need you to take these with you when you go to see Ramonda today. Her mother has requested them." He said, handing you a basket full of fabric.

You nodded, questioning why Ramonda's mother would need dress fabric when she didn't sew and more importantly, why your father had the fabrics in the first place.

Regardless of those questions, you took it with you as you went to her house. It wasn't very far away, so you were there in less than 10 minutes. You didn't knock on the door before entering, not even being afraid of getting into trouble with Ramonda's mother for it again.

Lumumba was scary when she was upset and she yelled at you many times for not knocking when entering her home, but she loved you like her own daughter so her lectures often flew over your head.