67

"Are you sure you're ready?"

"I am, Cinderella, we both are. No need to worry."

Sirius shot her a glare, but let the nickname slide. "Don't do anything stupid like me, yeah?"

"Do we look stupid to you, brother?" Regulus carelessly drawled, sauntering in through the door. "Last time I checked, I don't have a saviour complex like you."

"That's what makes us Gryffindors so great, Reg," Sirius grinned. "We love everybody, and they bloody love us."

"Oi, shut up you two," Aoife cut in, preventing Regulus from making a scathing remark. "Theia told us to wait here. Where is she?"

They were currently waiting for Aletheia in one of the smaller parlours off the hall. The Inferi had specially sent instructions to her. It seemed as if she had some past connections with them, but all three of them were too intimidated to ask. (Yes, even our noble Gryffindor).

"I think Belladonna's coming today," Regulus said. "I overheard Theia talk to her."

"Maybe she's coming back with some genius idea or something," Aoife suggested.

"I don't think that Bella's some sort of Dumbledore or anything, coming up with genius but barmy ideas," Sirius shrugged.

Regulus instantly scowled. "I don't like that man."

"Like him or not, he's still a genius."

"Here she is!" Aoife once again stopped Regulus from making a cutting remark.

Aletheia had entered the room, looking worse for wear. Her usually immaculate clothes were dishevelled, and there was the odd smell of seawater lingering around her. A few cuts adorned her face, and her hair was damp with water, as well as the rest of her.

"Where were you? Out for a swim?" Aoife joked, trying to ease the tension her aunt brought in with herself.

"You can say that," was the grim reply. Aletheia unclasped her cloak and flung it on the chair, before sitting down on another chair, her head in her hands.

"What happened, Theia?" All three of them asked simultaneously. She didn't answer at once, but gestured for them to sit.

When all of them had taken a chair, (which was done comparatively faster than usual, probably due to the apprehension they were facing), Aletheia wordlessly pulled out a newspaper, The Daily Prophet, and wearily placed it on the table.

Aoife unfolded it curiously, unable to suppress the gasp that followed. Intrigued, both the Black brothers craned their neck, trying to catch a glimpse of the paper. Aoife spread it on the table, while Aletheia made sure not to meet their eyes, focusing quite intensely at her fingernails.

DEATH EATER ATTACK AT GODRIC'S HALLOW

Earlier this morning, Death Eaters struck the small and peaceful magical community in Godric's Hallow. According to sources, it has been revealed that all Death Eaters were asking for the Potters, one of the oldest Pureblood families which has been missing from society for almost an year.
   After no cooperation from the villagers, the Death Eaters burnt the houses to crisp, killing the oppression mercilessly. Many members of the group dubbed "The Order of the Phoenix", lead by Albus Dumbledore, were reported to be at the spot, but there is no news if they are alive or not.
   Public outrage is quite visible on Dumbledore's failure to protect the Wizarding World, but Bathilda Bagshot, an acclaimed writer and historian thinks differently. "If it weren't for Albus, half of our society would've been killed by those masked baboons," she told one of our correspondents.
(For the full interview, turn to page 10).
   In this recent massacre, it is also noticable that rumoured member of the Order, Marlene McKinnon, was murdered along with her family. The houses of a few eminent personalities were also burnt, especially those who have sided with Albus Dumbledore.
  In such times, is it truly safe to ally ourselves with great wizards like Dumbledore? The Wizarding World needs a saviour, but many are starting to believe that Albus Dumbledore is just not it.
(Read about the Hollyhead Harpies's soul crushing defeat against the Chudley Cannons, pg 5).