CHAPTER 17

"Saya mo mula kanina, ha!"

I dropped my phone on the table when Rafi, Maeve and Euan arrived. Since Rafi is with them, I expect that they will really invite me to UST today to eat and I will pay.

"Huh?" I acted like I didn't know.

"Tara, UST." Rafi.

Tumayo ako at kinuha 'yung gamit ko. "Let's go! Bill's on me," ako ang naunang naglakad, leaving them staring into space. Hindi siguro nilang inakala na papayag kaagad ako. Hah! I'm so motivated. Kiel's last message to me was last night, he just said good night and then I didn't reply. Until now, wala pa rin siyang message.

We went in Euan's car because we didn't have a car with us, Rafi, and okay na rin 'to. Tipid ako sa gas, it's too boring to drive. "Have you guys heard news from Jade again?" I asked them because I suddenly remembered him.

"Ewan ko ro'n sa lalaking 'yun. Nakipagbreak daw 'yung girlfriend niya sa kaniya tapos biglang umuwi ng province," Maeve said.

"You're so updated, Maeve. Wow." Sumingit si Rafi kaya natawa ako nang mahinhin. "Nevermind. It's Maeve Yverino, the vlogger, the source of every tea." Rafi clapped in admiration of Maeve, causing us all to laugh.

I just remembered him suddenly because his face entered my brain. Naisip ko lang 'yung mukha niyang hindi ko na nakikita kaya bigla akong napatanong. I leaned on Rafi's shoulder to take a nap because there was still traffic so we would arrive at UST later, dinner na rin siguro namin 'to.

"What if 'wag na ako mag-aral? Magiging architect naman ako nito kahit wala akong degree," Andrei scratched his head and also pushed back his rather long hair after his hair was messy. "Puwede naman siguro! 'Yung iba nga sa gilid, nakakapasok pa sa po-" hindi niya naituloy ang sasabihin niya dahil bigla siyang natawa.

Natawara rin kami dahil sa sinabi niya. Well, that's the truth. "I also heard that a senator was jailed because the CCTV footage of him stealing came out. When will people open their eyes? My gosh," umirap ako nang maalala 'yung senator na iyon.

"Come on, robbers are just around the corner."

"Tumpak ka r'yan, Rafi. Mapa-politika o ordinary na tao man 'yan, they still have a chance to steal even if they look innocent in front of people who become blind because of their un-truth-ful words!" nag-peace sign si Maeve at sinabay ang pagbaba't taas ng fingers niya habang binabanggit 'yung untruthful.

Her boyfriend, Euan, agreed. "There are things that we cannot see because they are behind them. You will have a chance to see that, in a way that you will receive money from that person," Euan shrugged.

"Tama kayong lahat kaso nakaka-putangina pagsasalita niyo ng Ingles. It's tired to understand English, you know that?" Sabi ulit ni Andrei. Epal talaga 'tong lalaking 'to!

"It's 'tiring', not tired. What the fuck," Andrei's girlfriend rolled her eyes. Andrei's look softened immediately when it landed on Rafi, he immediately hugged her and said it was just a joke.

They talked again and I was the only one eating the pasta, it's okay that I didn't have anyone to talk to, at least I had food. Tinignan ko ang phone ko pero wala pa ring message roon. "Ano feeling ng first kiss niyo?" the eyes of the four suddenly turned to me because of my ill-timed question. "Sa lips," I added. For sure mayroon na silang first kiss.

Maeve looked at Euan, mukhang nag-usap pa sila gamit ang mata. "Hmm, it was an accident. Although, it's okay too." Maeve answered my question. So, was her and Euan's first kiss an accident? I want to know the whole story kung paano nangyari iyon. Hindi naman nagku-kwento sa akin si Maeve about their relationship, minsan lang.