02. Everyone Knows

An imagine derived from "2WICE 데이2 (2WICE's DATE) ep.미챙 (MICHAENG)"

—————————

Chaeyoung's POV

"Ugh. What am I going to do?!" I ask in a mix of frustration and nervousness. "Tomorrow's my date and I still don't know what to do!"

"What do you mean what do you need to do?" Dahyun Unnie scoffs at me. Me whining like this for an hour now could be starting to thin her tolerance on me. "What are you? A rookie? How many times do I have to remind you that you just need to follow the general script and be natural with whatever topic comes off while you're in the location!"

We are at our condo slash apartment slash dorm unit.

Tzuyu has been holed up in her own room for hours now, maybe already fast asleep. That maknae always puts her health first for beauty reasons. On the other hand, Dahyun Unnie is busy browsing from her laptop some new products on a beauty site she represents. While me? I'm having a nervous breakdown on our carpeted floor.

"I know that already! But, it's just— it's just—" I wiggle my legs like a kid throwing a temper tantrum, even bopping my head against the couch where our slightly annoyed Unnie is. "Arggghhh! I hate this!"

"Ya." Our lead rapper clicks her tongue. "You already went on a date with Sana Unnie. Why are you making a fuss about this one?! It's not like this is the first time you will—"

"But it's Mina Unnie!"

"So?" She answers me quickly without looking at me. This girl. She is obviously not taking my arguments seriously. I deserve more attention! "Chaeyoung, for the record, you and Mina Unnie have been in a girl group for seven years now. What's with this commotion? You two will do it well. Period. Act your age and act like a proper idol."

Ugh. This tofu girl just doesn't understand!

I heave in a deep breath then purse my lips. It's not her fault anyway. I should actually be thankful that she is still here in our living room, trying to listen to my whining. I just need to clear things up with this tofu. "Unnie, this is because— It's because— With—with Mina Unnie, I— I—"

I can't say it!

I'm not sure if I should tell her just for the sake that she could understand me more. She is indeed close to me and I know she is a good person but this is something that is really personal to me. Argh. "Umm—" I still tried to finish my statement though. "Dahyun Unnie... The thing is— With— with Mina Unnie—"

Like she has sensed my ongoing struggle, which I think is obvious from my stuttering anyway, Unnie folds down the screen of her laptop. She exhales sharply and looks in my direction, finally paying actual attention to me. Now, we're going somewhere. "What is it, Chaeng? Spill it."

"I— You know I—"

"Oh, come on!" She suddenly yells. Oops. Maybe I got her more frustrated than ever. "You're a rapper for goodness sake! Speak clearly and fluently like you should, will you?!"

"F— fine." I let out a sigh. I can do this. When the next split second passed, I just mindlessly concluded that I will tell her. This is Dahyun Unnie here. She will never judge me. I looked to the floor, closed my eyes, and spoke in utter nervousness. Okay, here goes nothing. "I— I have a crush on her!"

I feel that my cheeks are starting to burn. I never told this to anyone! This is the first time I am saying it out loud like I really mean it. Because I do. I continued to keep my eyes closed, bracing for some weird, overreacted response from our lead rapper.