37| Back Home

When Michael had snapped, he'd changed from Dean's jeans and flannel into the suit he'd been in when we were reunited with Dean in Duluth. Whatever he'd done had also made so I could no longer see his true form, just the vessel. I was still frozen in place on the floor and as Michael waved a hand, Sam, Jack and Cass fell to their knees in pain beside me.

"Now this... just feels right," Michael smirked. "Hope is an amazing thing, isn't it? You had no chance of winning this. None. But you had hope- hope that I wouldn't see you coming, but I saw everything. And now I have my perfect vessel. I've just destroyed the one weapon that could really hurt me. Thanks for bringing that, by the way."

Cass rose to his feet, approaching Michael and ended up getting grabbed by the collar.

"Don't interrupt me," Michael growled menacingly.

While he was distracted, Sam threw lighted holy oil at the archangel. It only burned for a second, but it was long enough for Cass to put the angel cuffs on his wrists.

"You think these can hold me?" Michael glared.

"Yes, we do," Cass confirmed.

I flinched as Michael's eyes flashed blue, but nothing else seemed to happen.

"Dean. Come on, Dean," Sam said. "Are you in there?"

"Dean's not home right now," Michael replied. "Please leave a message."

I could feel myself breaking down as we heard sirens wailing in the distance.

"Oh, right. That. Did you forget? My monsters are out there, building an army."

Sam's phone rang, but I barely registered what was being said on his end as I stared at Dean's face, contorted until he didn't look like my Dean anymore. It was easy to tell he was different, even without the hinderance of seeing Michael's true form anymore. The way he held himself, the way he spoke, everything about it was so not Dean. The green eyes, which I normally found comfort in, were cold as they locked onto mine, and Michael smirked, winking at me and making me flinch.

"Okay, what's the plan?" I heard Jack ask.

"With the angel cuffs on, Michael's under control," Sam stated.

"Keep telling yourself that," Michael replied, eyes still locked on me.

"Get him downstairs," Sam continued, ignoring Michael. "Dump him in the trunk of the Impala, and take him back to the Bunker."

"But Garth's in the trunk," Jack pointed out.

"It's a big trunk," Sam shrugged.

Michael shrugged, a smug look still covering his face. A commotion sounded outside the door and I let out a whimper.

"Monsters!" Jack cried.

"More like the cavalry," Michael corrected, adjusting the cuffs around his wrists. "I called them. It's a party!"

Castiel was using his powers to keep the creatures at bay, but was slowly failing.

"Sam, I don't know how long I can hold them."

"Yeah, well, we have to get Dean out of here."

""Yeah, well, we can't go this way."

"It's not like any of us can fly," Jack said.

"Well, one of us can," Michael grinned.

"Shut up!" Sam yelled at him.

"Sam, are we gonna die here?" Jack inquired.

Sam looked unsure of what to do as the monsters continued to bang on the other side of the door. Then he looked around the room.

"Jessica? You said you're always here, right?" he yelled.